1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Needs prayers for our new President

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Paul B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Our newly elected President of the GSTA of New Jersey this passed weekend got some terrible news yesterday after coming home from the show that his Father was in a bad accident, head on with a dump truck, and is in critical condition in a PA. hospital. Rich Bauman, NJTrapper on here, had a great week end being elected President of our association and got his first blue ribbon only to get home to this news. Rich is a great guy and would help you out at a drop of a hat. His father is a hunter and a great wildlife artist. Please send your prayers and thoughts, Thank you all.

2. dianny

dianny Member

Our prayers to Mr. Bauman and his family. May his dad be blessed and make a complete recovery.

3. Prayers sent to the Bauman family.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Prayers sent.

5. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Prayers will be sent for him and his family.

6. JOHNNY B

JOHNNY B New Member

rich is a special person with a heart of gold you don't find many people like him
    our prayers go out to his family and we hope and pray for a good recovery

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Prayers sent!!

8. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Our prayers and thoughts are with you..JL

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family and a speedy recovery for his Father

10. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

Wow is all I can say. I just got to sit down from running and worrying since Sunday. Thank you all for the well wishes for my Father. On Sunday, after we had a great show, and a great weekend, I got the call nobody wants to get. Your Father was in a near fatal car crash. We dropped everything and ran to up state PA. were my Father lives. We found out that he had a head on collision with a dump truck at a very high rate of speed. This took place about 1 - 1 1/2 miles out side LeRaysville for anyone familiar with PA. To see the car, and him,in the condition he was in, was devastating. He is 83 years old, and up until this point in time, was chopping wood, hauling logs out with his tractor, and out hunting me.

It is probably because of his health, is what is keeping him alive. He had multiple injuries, Rib cage crushed, sternum broken, clavicle broken, smashed femur, broken hand, multiple lacerations on his hands, and head trauma. Sunday, it wasn't looking good.

72 hrs later, I am talking to him on the phone! This guy is tough! They removed the ventilator, the neck brace, and he's awake and talking. As of today, they were going to try and get him up and try to walk. Unbelievable. He has a long road ahead of him, but with so many prayers, he's in good hands.

As far as being elected Pres. to the Garden State Taxidermists Association, I want to thank everyone for having enough confidence in me to do a good job. I will have some good people working with me, and we are going to try to get some things done. Once I dust off my hat and get going here.

Thank you all again for the well wishes.

Rick Baumann
    Pres. Garden State Taxidermist Association.

11. Good to hear Rich, that he is getting better. Praying for a speedy recovery

12. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Great news! Hoping for a complete recovery of him.

Fred

13. Artie mags

Artie mags New Member

Awesome news brotha!!!!!

14. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Good to read he is better , our prayers are with him.

15. Glad to hear that your dad is improving. You just can't keep a good man down. Congrats on your new position as president.