1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Yoxathon in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by joker, Jul 15, 2014.

1. I am looking into hosting a Yoxathon at my shop in Kentucky in ether August or September. Let Bill or I know where your interest is. Kurt Ainsworth

2. Sorry what does a Yoxathon consist of? Training wise is it hands on?

3. Whitetailfreak84

Whitetailfreak84 New Member

My interest is in fine tuning and tweaking . I think I have basics down and wanna level up . I live in Union , KY . bout 25 min from you Kurt .

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Anyone needing info, give me a ring, Ill explain it all. Anyone needing info about the location or directions, etc, give Kurt a message or call. Im at 585-637-2450. Thanks!!

5. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Hands on x10! It will take your work to an entirely new level. So many bells will go off that you will improve on every mount you do, even things besides deer. Videos and convention seminars cannot provide what this class can do for you.

6. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I have to agree 100% with what Rick has stated. As a past host of one of these Yoxathons I learned so much even though I did not get to directly participate by mounting a deer. The content of these Yoxathons is absolutely amazing, I really have to hand it to Bill, he shares so much in the little time he has to teach but he does it so well. One of the other things that impresses me with Bill is that he does not leave anyone behind. What I mean by that is we all learn at a different pace and he recognizes That. He will slow it down to let the people who might be lagging behind so as to allow them the time to catch up with the rest of the class. He is for sure a very good instructor.

7. full fan

full fan New Member

How many days & what is the cost going to be?

8. Jackson1814

Jackson1814 Active Member

Hands on is an understatement!! I attended the most recent one in Pocahontas Illinois....Bill gives you so much information, I'm still processing it! The days are long, you work hard, your brain will feel like it's going to explode, but you have fun and it's money well spent! Wish I could go to Kentucky just to catch the things I missed. I met a bunch of good guys as well! :) Don't hesitate....make the commitment. You won't regret it :D

9. Bill Yox

Guys, with all due respect, and with an understanding of our modern social media notwithstanding...I have gotten a good many requests by message and text and in these posts about the Yoxathons,(I have a few of them going here and in FB, not just this one), asking "How much?" etc...Thank you all so much for your interest, but if youre seriously interested in knowing more, contact me by phone so I can explain my services as well as speak to you to better understand what level your work might be at. I have repeatedly asked that anyone interested simply call me. I do this for many specific business reasons, but let me sum it up this way...How many of you complain how your customers contact you and ask "How much?" and not allow you to explain your services? Thanks again.

10. Bill Yox

Also, thanks to those who have offered comments about the class, I really am glad you feel that way!!

11. If you want a great class and a chance to bring your work to a new level this is your chance. This has the potential of being the best Yoxathon ever.

12. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I am chomping at the bit to get to one. I have been fortunate enough to have Yox judge me the last 2 years at the Iowa show and even with that my work has greatly improved. A few days of intense training with him and I hope to be able to run with the big dogs soon. Call him and he will go over all details and more, no doubt worth every penny.