1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Anybody ever see a bobcat this small.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Justin2011, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

A customer brought this bobcat in this past winter and I've never seen a bobcat that small, I guess I would have thought that by January they would be bigger then this!

Attached Files:

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

looks like a kitten

3. juli

juli Active Member

A winter kitten... lynx sometimes have a late summer litter, when trapping season rolls around they are three or four months old

4. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

That's either a very small bobcat or a very big screwdriver!

5. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Yes

6. Whatever, it is still a nice mount.

7. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

Ok juli that would make sense, I would say it weighed about 4 to 5 pounds. And thanks memorymakertaxi!!

8. [​IMG]

Yep. Got one on the same form.

Size comparison when I was working on it...

[​IMG]

9. Btw nice job on yours... I actually have another in the freezer just an inch bigger. Must be more common than thought. That one was from KY the one in the freezer is from Colorado. Both cities tagged by hunters / trappers. I really enjoyed it.

10. cameron2

cameron2 Well-Known Member

What size/brand eyes did you use?

11. Not sure who you were asking... Mine was 16mm round pupil tohickon. I love 18mm tohickon large pupil 250iqs but these were round pupil instead of large slit

12. cameron2

cameron2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.

13. magicmick

magicmick magicmick

what did you charge for something that small

14. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

Thanks DSC I love the way you did they eyes and nose on yours! and I charged him $400 without any habitat

15. CodyTheCorgi

CodyTheCorgi Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Very cute lookin none-the-less. Definitely a kitten of sorts. The question is, where did you get a form that small?

16. Mckenzie carries 2 actually. One standing and one lying down. 18 inches tip of nose to base of tail.

17. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

McKenzie's is where I got that form, its the smallest one they make, I did have to add a couple inches to the girth to make it fit good!