1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So where is the money.....???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Jul 17, 2014.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

There has been a bunch crying, screaming, yelling & accusations..... the board has met..... where's our money that apparently is missing...... or were the accusations blaming Joe Kullis & John Janelli wrong & apologies need to be made??

2. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Ssssshhhhh, Now how is it supposed to go away if you keep bringing it up ! :-X

3. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Michael, first of all, nobody accused anybody of anything. There were certain people that handled the money of which Joe Kulis and John Janelli were two of them. So was I, Carol and Vicki among others. The Board recognized that there are discrepancies in money that should be in the bank. Unfortunately, because of the protocol of lack there of at the last convention of how money was to be handled it would take a huge amount of resources to get to the bottom of this and even then it would be difficult to prosecute because of the lack of information. The Board has decided not to pursuit this and now is putting in place a specific protocol on handling money guided by the NTA's accountant. While I would love to get to the bottom of this, it makes more sense to let it go. I don't like it but I agree that the NTA would spend more money investigating this situation than it would recoup. I think that we should all just move on and do what's best for the NTA at this point.

4. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    There are so many loop holes in the NTA that I believe we will never find out where that money went. Well we might find out but if nothing has been done about it by now it's gonna get swept under the rug. My point exactly. EA

5. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    We live in a time and place where the fricken crooks and criminals have more rights than the victims.

6. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

We, meaning the Board, was informed by the accountant that because of the way the money was handled that it would be next to impossible to prosecute. No protocol was really in place to handle that situation. Hopefully now with the help of the new accountant the NTA can alleviate this situation from happening again.....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

8. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Why not contact the authorities and let them look into it? $10K is a pretty substantial amount of money to let just walk away. It would cost the board absolutely NO money to have this investigated (and if wrongdoing is found, prosecuted) by the police and district attorney. Besides, who takes LEGAL advise about CRIMINAL matters from a bean counter???? This is not a civil matter where the NTA would have to foot the bill...this is a CRIMINAL matter and ALL the costs of the investigation would be borne by the taxpayers. The board's refusal to turn it over to the authorities COULD even be construed as aiding and abetting.

Folks, I question not only the competency, but also the sanity of this board. First, they paid two alleged thieves not to sue them and then they refuse to even contact the police about another theft. If these folks are the best and brightest our industry has to offer, we are all doomed.

My personal belief is that they know where the money went. Just like the "old NTA", the "new NTA" has a good old boy system in place where they look after their friends, membership be damned.

9. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

This year, there should be NO convention. Fix all of the problems, THEN worry about a show. Should have done it, last year.

10. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

While I agree completely with Harry on the issues and also wish they would get to the bottom of the loss there are times we may need to step back. I was invited to go with another person to the meeting but decided not to go so therefore I'll do what should be done by all "Just keep my mouth shut". If you had a big interest in this and other issues you should have attended the meeting...... otherwise do like me and let those work it out and keep quiet. There is enough blame to pass around to everyone. Slam me if you want but I believe there is an honest effort to correct the problems.

11. dianny

dianny Member

I don't know how to copy and paste so I am writing from previous posts. On May 22, 2014 Reply # 62 from Harry Whitehead said this about NTA Censorship. "Why don't you demand to the current administration that you want the $10,000 that is missing from the last convention FOUND !!!!! The whole board knows about it yet nothing is getting done to find the missing funds AND THERE WAS ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT WERE HANDLING THE MONEY !!!!! " Fast forward to today Re: So where is the money.....??? Harry Whitehead says there were certain people that handled the money of which Joe Kullis and John Janelli were two of them. So was I, Carol, and Vicki among others. The board has decided not to pursuit this now. We should all just move on and do what's best for the NTA. Why would anyone not want to know where the money went ?

12. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

It was explained to me by a good friend today that the money was never so called missing. The money was actually always there however anyone that has ever used quick books will understand this. Supposedly the person that was in charge of the money had placed it in a different account n the drop down menu in quickbooks. The money was never really MISSING, no one could tell where the it was though. I asked if there would be any apologies to those who were accused of stealing and I was told that was up to those who did the accusing whether or not they want to issue an apology. However, I was also told that the NTA is trying to make the organization better and the people involved with it are serious about not letting it die. Sounds to me like a simple mistake was blown out of proportion and maybe conclusions were drawn without facts. I do know one thing for certain. We are having a great time and the NTA is having a better show than they did last year. One more thing I will leave you all with. I know Tim went to the board meeting and you know that if he has any info whether it is good or bad he surely will let everyone know. He never bites his tongue. :)

13. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Ok, so I received an email saying that the money was never really missing and that it was credited to the account. If that was the case, why did the CPA declare that it would be too difficult to prosecute? Harry declares that the board "recognized that there are discrepancies in money that should be in the bank" and I get an email saying the board knows the money was in the account all along. If that money really was there all along, it should have been brought to light when the accusations were first made public. Who's telling the truth? At this point, I guess I really could care less. The "new" NTA is still broken.

14. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    10K just miraculous appeared out of thin air. WOW someone must have been feeling the heat. A quick deposit and blame it on a computer error. CASE CLOSED.

15. Kerby Ross

16. Kerby Ross

17. Kerby Ross

18. Kerby Ross

19. Kerby Ross

20. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused, if someone entered the income in another area of quickbooks wouldn't the deposit made to the bank been over, not under? Just askin'