1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

So where is the money.....???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., Jul 17, 2014.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I guess I dont get the problem here...I WAS THE ONE WHO SAID I wanted Tim to assist me. YOU GUYS are the ones calling him a scribe. Is ANYONE questioning MY integrity?

I think some of you guys would be happy to sit in a room, fart for each other, and then, based on the sniff, argue over who ate what.

Ron, Id let it be. Youre not accurate in this instance. Theres no crap to dig up here. I dont have a personal issue with you. Whether youre upstanding, Daves friend or whatever, it doesnt matter. I wasnt training Tim to be yours or anyones judge, and if he chose his words as he did, thats the riff between you two, and not me. And to anyone else, do you guys REALLY think Im that naive, that I dont know whos work Im looking at much of the time? Half of the competitors that post in FB post pics of their mounts BEFORE the show...like we didnt know. Ive been doing this for almost 30 years, dont you think I know what you guys styles and work might look like? Do you realize, even though I dont claim so, or boast, just how many folks have studied with me?

If any ONE of you think, for one minute, that giving someone I know a freebee ribbon is worth MY reputation, youre mistaken to say the least. I am generous with ribbons with the bottom end to support what the guy is trying to achieve, and I do my utmost best to put them all in the right order. It pains me that guys I know dont always do better, but they will. I have to call it according to the scoresheets, not my own personal likes or agendas.

That should put some of this to rest. There were some issues with judging at that show, but leave ME out of it.

2. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Didn't Rick win best in world in Georgia for life-size boar and hounds? Many years ago I may be wrong!

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Nope. Nationals, Yes Taxidermist of the Year...Yes. Worlds....No

4. antlerman

Thank You very much. I did it for all of us that care. I think some can't live without drama and chaos. It's on the mend, and some want to kill the messengers. Typical small minded taxidermist in their small little world. Go figure.

5. antlerman

I tried to tell you guys, I was only there to wipe his brow. BUT NOOOOOOOOO It HAD to be something sinister. ::)

Many probably just lost their opportunity to do something similar because of jealousy or stupidity. Stupid taxidermist. :(

I told you I wasn't there to judge. Now or ever. But when you start getting mouthy, I can play your games too. :mad:

6. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

After reading through some of the crap on here about Tim and him assisting Bill. It as they say just plain crap..... As for people listing that they are "Officials Measures of the the BBBC", these people have a personal ego that is beyond comparer in that it doesn't mean Crap to anyone on here. I'm just wondering when people will actually say something positive instead of negative. I do agree that George has a ton of knowledge and it he wanted to help I'm sure no one would turn him down but that is George's decision (and I would support him). As for supporting others on here based on all the Negative comments (including myself) I would not support them to say the least. There are people wadding in and fixing the NTA and they need support not your negative criticism. There was only a couple of people at the meeting... where were all you negative "Big Mouths" when the chips were laid out.... NOWHERE. But the typing on the keyboard was going.... Now that they have explained what Tim was helping in the scoring room and acted as a scribe only, you bring out your negative oppions. If you think this makes him a Judge your wrong it take time and experience and this was just a first step.... If you think that putting "Official Measure of the BBBC" makes you a judge well I took the class also and guess what I don't list, brag, or put this on anywhere... It has no valve especially for other taxidermist. By the way I won't respond personally to some of the edits on here they are Not worth my time.

7. taxi_grl_ga

taxi_grl_ga Active Member

I am 99.9% positive this statement was not directed at me, but juuuuust in case wires DID get crossed somehow:

The jealousy I insinuated earlier was purely in jest. I know I was denied my request simply because the workload wasn't enough to require assistance and not because I think Bill operates with a personal bias toward or against anyone.

8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Rich, I learned a long time ago that "criticism" is defined by who comments. If it's a buddy, it's a "suggestion", but criticism usually stings most when there's a kernel of truth contained in it. A GOOD group of people treat both types equally and take time to separate the provocative from the professional. We were always taught that it takes 10 "addaboys" to level out one "gotcha" and that it will take another 10 adddaboys to present a different impression.

I'm gratified that there are some that think I could help, but I simply don't see it happening. I spent 7 hard years trying to get the NTA back. Then I've spent another 3 offering direct suggestions and supplying documentation to those who could have implemented them. To date, they're still "planning" so with my own medical issues and those of my wife, for whom I'm the sole caregiver, I just don't see me becoming directly involved. If my criticisms here sound "negative" at times, it's only because I'm shocked that no one seems to have learned any lessons over the years and they're bent on reinventing a wheel with a flat spot.

9. RichMO

RichMO Active Member

I agree with you George and I can completely understand your position. Our prayers are with your wife and you. You just sometimes get tired of the same people throwing out all kinds of negative criticism but when they had the chance to resolve issues they sit back and pound the key board. Since I've retired I have spent in excess of 10K for classes, motels, gas, and food but that does not make me a judge, a SCI measure, or even a good professional.... just another person that wants to do a good job and not turn out crap or brag about my work or accolades.

One day George hope to shake your hand and say Hello as a friend.

Rich

10. Thank you Rich.