1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Location.!..Location!....Location!

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by JL, Jul 18, 2014.

1. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I see messages in many of the selling posts by people wanting to sell something that will have to be shipped, (which are most of the items) but they don't list their location in their Avatars or in their profiles. I might have been marginally interested in buying some items but also wanted to determine the shipping costs from there to here without contacting the seller. Also I figure the sellers must have something to hide if they don't want you to know where they are located. I just passed on buying a spare fleshing machine for this reason. If you want to sell something go look at your profile and your Avatar. If your location is missing simply edit both to show it. It just might help you sell your item. My turn to bitch....JL

2. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

YOU GO, JL. I did exactly the same thing this morning. I looked at the personal profile and there was ZILCH, NADA, NOTHING. If you truly believe not filling out your profile protects you from being discovered, you are sadly mistaken. My buddy Elmer Gantry found an anonymous poster to me within 30 minutes. Your computer is spilling its guts tot he world every time you sign on. Just do us a favor and fill out your profiles. We won't send you any more SPAM or junk mail that you get on a daily basis already anyway.

3. hmmm

4. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

I have discussed this topic with the Administrator of this site before. Making a "location" a mandatory item in everyone's profile. Just the state or foreign country, if not in the US, would be sufficient. Email Ken Edwards and maybe something will happen if enough of you make that suggestion.

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Great post JL, what does it hurt to show others where you are from.

6. joeym

joeym Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

X2 JL! It is too easy for people to hide behind a keyboard and rook honest people out of their money.