1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA Winners

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Huggs, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Huggs

Huggs Member

So who won at the National show I wasn't able to attend.

2. schenk

schenk Member

Shoulda been there. No excuse!! LOL

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

I have posted the major award winners on "Ken's Corner" at http://www.taxidermy.net/ken/?p=1118

Normally it would have taken me several days to put this all together, but I just spent nine hours in the backseat of Larry Blomquist's truck preparing the winners' list and photos, as we drove back from the convention. Special thanks to Kathy Blomquist for looking up each competitors' home town on her iPhone as we drove. Enjoy!

4. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Wow, congrats Jerry! Also to my friend Greg C. from Iowa for the coon. I have seen it in person and it is stunning!

5. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Great pictures Ken and thanks for the work to put it together, however Garvis Thomas' deer is not a raccoon as far as I can tell...lol JL

6. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

It was a great show. Congrats to all the winners.

7. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Jerry is the guy to take the bull by the horns!!!

8. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Very nice. Congrats to all the winners!

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Thanks Ken!

Thanks Ken for all that you do!

:)

Kerby...

10. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Congrats everyone. What a nice show it was with many many very competitive mounts.

11. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Some great photography Ken.

The thing I question is how in the "Professional Division, Best of Category, Reptile Reproduction" the winner was a Snail? Last time I checked I had no snails in my Amphibian and Reptile collection except for jars containing stomach contents removed from fluid specimens.

12. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

PA, at the Nationals the category for Reptiles is short for "Reptiles, Amphibians and Invertebrates." Basically it is the catch-all category for any species that is not a fish, mammal or bird.

13. Ron Kelly

Ron Kelly Active Member

Congrats to everyone! Especially our Texas folks!! Mounts look great!

14. We called Larry Bloomquist to confirm where the snail should be. Larry said this is the category he would put it in at the world show.

Thank you Ken for everything!

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yes Greg did good with the coon, and I think he won an accumulative award, like best all around or similar...he did well!

16. catman

catman Active Member

Well done to all that competed. Thanks Ken, you always show us the good stuff.