1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

heres a nice coon

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by foxman, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Cute animation John. LMAO

2. Dear John : Maybe your friend's smarter than you.... and don't want his deer full of Road Salt, Dirt, and Tire Spray ! why can Good Field care of game be ridiculous ? That is unless you want to drive it all around town, like a Drunk ,from Bar to Bar !

3. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman $90 for your fur made into trapper hat or mitts!

Becky, you and I are a lot alike. Before learning everything about wolves in alaska and what goes on, i thought they were endangered here too and that we shouldn't kill them. I now have two wolf pelts for sale :)

Wolfwoman

4. HOLLY! Touchy subject

5. Wolfwoman

whiteflag, it most certainly is. Especially the wolf thing here in Alaska..we call it Wolf Politics. There is no middle ground it seems. It's either SAVE EM ALL or KILL EM ALL. Well last time I checked, who gave us the right to do either? Seems as tho there should be a consistent population of all animals where they belong. WE are the only ones that don't really belong. Put us out in the wild... most of the human population would die within days.

I am the middle ground, there are few like me. There needs to be wolves (or whatever critter you happen to pick) in the wld, but there doesn't need to be too many, and we don't need to manage them to suit OUR needs, they only need to balance in nature. That can never ever be achieved again because we, as humans, screw it up ALL the time!

I will probably now get bombarded by more than a few people :p its ok, I'm used to it!

Take care,
    Wolfwoman

6. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Yep, Wolfwoman, I'm in the middle too.
    If we did put the humans out, then the animals could manage themselves.:D

7. Wolfwoman

It's wolfpup!! LOL and you KNOW what we do to go thru the 'change' ... pretty soon I'll just be OleWolf.

:) :eek: ;D :D

8. John_NY

John_NY Northern N.Y.

Well I think you read it wrong. The reason I said it was rediculous is "his reason" for why he covers his deer. He covers it so he doesn't offend anybody not to keep the deer clean. But I appreciate the fact that I rarely make a comment on here and your first comment to me is implying I'm stupid because "you" read more into what I said and decided to slam somebody. But whatever floats your boat. P.S. I don't drink and I never drive into town to "show off" my deer. I hunt for the meat and that's it. So have a good day Sir and try reading before typing. It works better that way.

John_NY

9. Wolfwoman

John, what part of NY are you in? My sister told me that she knows a trapper named John and it would be way too wierd if you were the same one!

Wolfwoman

10. John_NY

John_NY Northern N.Y.

Hi, I'm in northern N.Y. I'm in the St. Lawrence Valley, The closest big town would be Watertown which is about 32 miles south of me and Syracuse which is 110 miles south of me. My son is the trapper, I just reap the rewards of his efforts from time to time. LOL.
    It's getting pretty cold up here now. I just put the plow on my atv today just in case we get more snow. We had enough last week to remind me I'm getting old and tired of plowing the stuff.
    John_NY

11. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

John.... I am guessing you are from the Gouverneur area, I hail from carthage.

12. Wolfwoman

Watertown! My folks had friends there and we used to visit, I loved all the snow there!!

I am originally from the Brewerton/Baldwinsville area. Outside of Syracuse. My sisters husband used to work up in that area... I'm going to PM you as I don't want names plastered all over....lol

13. John_NY

John_NY Northern N.Y.

Yup that's where I am.

14. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

Do you know Lonnie Zehr? That goes for hogheaven too.

15. John_NY

John_NY Northern N.Y.

No I'm sorry, I don't know him.

John_NY

16. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I have known lonnie since the first year he bought fur. My son used to work for him part time years ago. Fleshed thousands of coon & beaver there, which is why he is a master with a fleshing knife on a beam. Lonnie is a real character if you know him personnaly you know what I mean.

17. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

I sell fur to Lonnie and we do trading as well. If I want eastern coyotes, fishers, weasels, he is the man. I heard he isn't always honest at fur sales though and was told to beware of him, but I have never had a single problem with him. His checks have never bounced and if he sends defective goods he always has a new skin to send or a refund to make. He sent me a coyote last year he bought frozen skinned and did not thaw but the guy he bought it from said it was full mountable and ok. It was fine except 1 paw was all goofy, as if it had been in a trap and been released and the paw healed all funny and looked really weird. Like who would release a coyote from a trap to run off????

18. paul e

paul e New Member

a agrre with Mr T also
    i dont like seeing the pics
    nothing against trapping
    maybe just me