1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First pedestal (double)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Brad_b_24, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

Two of my missouri Whitetails I harvested last year. I'm just a hobbyist at taxidermy and thought I would give a pedestal a shot. I had a lot of fun from building the pedestal to doin my finish work. Learned a lot in the process. Any advice would be great but I'm not expecting critiques as I can see what I still need to work on. Sorry about the pics I've been having a heck of a time down sizing them so they still look ok. Thanks for looking

Attached Files:

2. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

Pics

Attached Files:

3. point75

point75 Member

Nice job!

4. quest

quest Member

Utah
    I like it.

5. cflwrs

cflwrs Member

Looks great

6. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Nice work. Do you need a hunting buddy????

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Leave some nice bucks for seed. :D

8. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

Haha thanks everyone I killed another real nice one last year also. Got the missouri triple crown all 3 went over 150 inches

9. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Dang !! My new buddy Brad b 24 ! Very nice job and awesome bucks . so when we going hunting ? LOL !

10. JimRollins

JimRollins New Member

very nice!

11. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Wow, you had the hotspots. EHD didn't bother your grounds too bad?

12. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

EHD was pretty spotty in my area but I hunt around flowing water which I think helps. I had a opportunity at a 200 class buck also last year at 10 yards but never had a broadside shot. All three I killed from the ground and the big non typ was spot and stalk. It was a pretty amazing year.

13. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Good Job . ;)

14. KFLAH

KFLAH Active Member

congrats on the deer and nice job on the mount

15. Slate Run

Slate Run Member

How many bucks a yr. you allowed to kill in Missouri?

16. Beautiful mount on some awesome deer!!

17. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

Thanks everyone. In missouri you are allowed one archery buck before rifle season, one buck during rifle, and one archery buck after rifle late season so 3 bucks total. It is a challenge i normally harvest two nice bucks a year but very rarely three.

18. Meagan

Meagan New Member

Beautiful bucks Brad!!! I live in SW Missouri...about an hour north of Joplin, with the crops that we have this year I am excited to see what is in store for us. You are lucky to have private land to hunt...I am stuck hunting public. Great job on two beautiful and very nice bucks!

19. Brad_b_24

Brad_b_24 New Member

Thanks Meagan. My last years bucks did come off private ground that I leased but for five plus years before that I have harvested at least one whitetail a year over 140 inches on public ground. They are there just takes a lot of preparation and the willingness to go the extra mile. I have also learned over the past several years a lot of big Whitetails are being walked passed. Everyone thinks the further you go into the woods the better but this is not always the case seems to me that a lot of mature deer now hang out near roads. Hope I helped stick with it and thanks.

20. Now those are some mighty fine deer! A hell of a job mounting them too!