1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help articulating a baboon skull

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by linoman, Jul 22, 2014.

1. linoman

linoman Member

Hi all,

I just picked up this baboon skull off ebay and wanted to try my hand at hinging the skull cap and perhaps attaching the jaw with springs. Anyone know of a "how to" book or website out there? While I consider myself pretty handy, this will be my first attempt at anything like this. Also does anyone know where I can acquire the brass hardware?
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Well, looks like you already cut into it. For small hardware, try trolling websites that sell supplies to make doll houses. Often times they also carry other miniature parts like hinges, latches and other things like that. I would have used a finer blade to cut down on bone loss between the sections. Also look on eBay for miniature hardware. You occasionally find parts in sterling silver or if you have a talented jeweler in your area, sterling hinges and parts can be made.

3. linoman

linoman Member

Thanks Seawolf, I actually purchased the skull already cut with the intention of trying to do something cool with it. I'll definitely search some doll house sites to see what I can find.