1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best wall pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DogSoldierChick, Jul 23, 2014.

1. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Mears s ped look good too I`ve done a few ; nice job eddieb. ;)

2. Is there a tutorial on the wrinkles? I've searched to no avail. I'm assuming I could just get the cape thin enough and cut them a tiny bit deeper in the form and use pro 1 paste to achieve them. Is that possible or do I need to build them up more?

3. sharp38ky

sharp38ky New Member

Joe coombs 9400!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

4. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Hey Eddie, how have you been? Very nice mount! You need to do a seminar on photography. Your photos are always so good!!

5. Thanks, Denton...We are still trying to recover from the April 28th tornado that came through here. I have not been in my shop much due to getting things cleaned up around here.

6. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

Ha, Ha.. that's pretty much how all of us feel after Eddie posts his work D S chick.

7. Steven Klee

Here's a few more.....

Coombs 9500....

Attached Files:

8. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

9. Steven Klee

Revolution - natural shoulder series

Attached Files:

10. Steven Klee

Attached Files:

11. Steven Klee

Revolution - last chance series

Attached Files:

12. Steven Klee

OTS

Attached Files:

13. Steven Klee

I would have to agree with Brad. There are many different reasons to choose a form. Joe Coombs and Ben Mears seem to portray that big mature look even in their smaller sizes. While OTS and Revolution seem to be very accurate anatomically to the age class of the deer while incorperating easier forms to mount on for the novice as well as the advanced taxidermist.

Best, Steve

14. Ah Steven your work is remarkable as always!! Thank you for taking the time to show so many options! I am leaning toward ots but the new one because I don't want a head up. It would make seeing the trash around the pedicels more difficult. I've mounted on Coombs and liked the look as well. I like the Lancaster forms from research as well. It's a tough decision and I plan on mounting on the form before deciding to use it on this deer so I may try a couple.

Keep the pics coming!!

15. Here is a picture of an OTS wall ped that I made into a pedestal. This is the same one that is on the OTS poster Took all the major whitetail awards in 2013 Michigan show.
    I can not say enough good about the OTS line of forms. Converting all my customers to them if the size is available.

Attached Files:

16. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Doesn't get much better than Eddie and Steven. That Mears looks great after you got ahold of it Eddie. Steven you know as well as I do, you can look at everyone's work and every form on the market but the bottom line is, mount it on a form that makes your deer look good and makes you happy, happy, happy. It's not that hard.

17. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Steve and Eddie make it look way too easy, great work guys! When your customer mounts can dominate shows you know you have made it.

18. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

You are so right Brian, I have seen many of Stevens comp mounts and his customer work looks the same. He takes a lot of pride in his work you can tell.

19. Thanks for the compliments everybody. Another Mears...
    [​IMG]

20. you guessed it...another Mears
    [​IMG]