1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail doe wall pedestal back

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by mcking, Jul 24, 2014.

1. mcking

mcking Member

Hello! ive never done a wall pedestal before. im working on a whitetail doe. and im near the point to where the back needs to be addressed. i was gonna finish the back with some of the remaining hide. but im kinda confused. its a wall pedestal so the part that is visible that needs the hide is not that big. as i bring my cape back to the back of the mannikin do i tuck it near the edge??? and then tuck some extra hide also? i was just a little confused.... can someone maybe please post a picture of a finished wall ped back?? any info would be appreciated!! thank you!

2. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. verne

verne Well-Known Member

One simple way ; slot the back side to tuck the hide . buy some spray stone texture , when dry gloss over , mount then tuck hide in the back . :)

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I just wrapped the hide around the shoulder glued it to the back and stapled it to the back board. Did some relief cuts and clever gluing of the hide at the brisket area to make flow into the shoulder skin to make it visually pleasing, which took some fore thought, but it came out really nice.

5. Cut at the edge of the form and rock mix the back let it dry if any of the rock mix got in the hair just brush it out. Paint to the way you like it and seal with a satin finish. I will see if I have any pics.