1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Does anyone know what pelt this is?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ameliabeth, Jul 26, 2014.

1. ameliabeth

ameliabeth New Member

A guy has it on eBay as a Hyena but it obviously isn't. I was thinking wolf or really pale colour jackal maybe, I really don't know.
    The tuft of fur behind its head is confusing me as to what it is.
    Any ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301257351703&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

To big to be a jackle and tails to short. Looks like a hyena to me though not many of them thar critters in Kentucky

3. I would say Coyote and in no way is that "Recently Mounted" That hide is so rubbed and worn to crap its absolute garbage. The fur is badly matted and all the guard hair is gone. The tufts are what is left of the ears.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It is garbage, never buy this rubbish, always use fresh, and you do the work from start to finish. That way you know what you have, and the value of it.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I think it is exactly what the seller says it is. A hyena, wolf, coyote pelt? ;)

6. Chupacabra84

Chupacabra84 New Member

looks like a really beat to crap coyote pelt.

7. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

That's called a major piece of crap

8. Come on now... it's a "lovely" piece of crap.

9. why would someone even try to sell this, and he has another rug? a tattered leopard on that same awful red felt...

10. TomR

TomR New Member

It's definitely not a hyena or a Jackal. Been to Africa and seen plenty of both.

Hope you didn't buy it... looks pretty ragged.

11. HunterStrait

HunterStrait New Member

Now who would buy that for 135 dollars?

I can get a decent coyote for a lot less.