1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW # 25

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RusTax, Jul 28, 2014.

1. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    So, ladies and gentlemen, allow me to sum up the past week. I want to thank everyone who participated, regardless of whether you work laid out, or just discussed what is happening.There were quite a lot of beautiful works and compositions. hop and Samson, thank you for the beautiful completion (it was the smallest bird of the week).Thank you all once again and I hope this new week will not be worse than the previous one.
    So, my friends, let's begin to share our work, we accept any birds from the smallest to the largestwaterfowl, songbirds, predator, seabirds etc. In general, all what you have ;)

2. Hooded merganser I just finished. My sixth bird overall. Lots of little things I could've done better but still trying to improve. [​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

The merganser looks nicely done, well groomed

4. X2

Here are some from me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

This Can is finished in this pic. Client wanted him suspended from the ceiling, so I left the body wire in for a handle and cut it off once it was hung. We took a dozen or so pics once we hung him, but they were all low light with a flash.

Great birds so far this week. Jason, you are doing great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brooke

6. lov2bhntn

lov2bhntn www.tailfeatherstaxidermy.com

Don't post that often, but I thought I'd share this piece from last weekend's Eastern Regional Show. :)
    [​IMG]

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Jason, fantastic bird, not your 6th, you lie
    ntx, buisy man and nice as allways
    Brooke, fantastic can and powerful pose and
    lov2thntn, stunning surf scoter, what did he get ?

Rainer

8. winston

winston Member

My contribution for this week

Attached Files:

9. Thanks for the kind words. Bugs me so much that I didn't taxi the skin more towards the head. That's all I see every time I look at it.
    NTX...love that last mallard. I'm stealing that pose for one I just skinned.
    Brooke....that can is outstanding. Thank you for always encouraging me.
    And rai-red...I think you called me a liar on my fifth bird too. So maybe I'm doing something right at least :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

10. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

sorry Jason, I really dont mean that like it is said but you do an outstanding job as a beginner,
    Rainer

11. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Always good stuff!!!! When it comes to learning this craft you just have to get your hands dirty, lots of birds, reference , reference , reference.

This is what you do with those bare backed Sage Grouse........ This is a young rooster, probably a second year bird.

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Nice birds as usual everyone! Love the attitude on the can!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. oskare

oskare Iceland

one puffin needs a little fine grooming but mostly finnished
    [​IMG]

14. Great job everyone! and Jason for your 6th bird that is awesome! Those merga-triods are not the easiest birds to work with!

15. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Well, you guys have exceeded my most optimistic expectations. :eek: :eek: :eek: Great beginning, today I'll post my work, I'm sorry, but the specifics of the work did not allow me to attend two days with you.

16. igor

igor Member

Nice week. I had to get my lazy body off my working table and post something this week. Again, it is my typical museum stuff :) Some of the mounts are not new.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]]

17. igor

igor Member

I have no idea what I am doing wrong and why the picture is rotated. Anyway ...
    [​IMG]
    I

18. magicmick

magicmick magicmick

wow igor nice birds :) .mate what species are the first two pics cheers

19. oskare

oskare Iceland

turaco and road runner mi mi!

20. hop

hop Member

ducklings of hooded, serrator and albelus.

Attached Files: