1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish habitat design

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by fishmaster, Jul 29, 2014.

1. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

If you are ever going to enter another fish in competition be sure to read Bob Berrys article on habitat design in the latest issue of Breakthrough. It was written for fish woodcarvers but is equally as pertinant to any fish taxidermist. It is excellent, excellent, excellent information. If you don't subscribe to Breakthrough shame on you and at least order this issue. Your judge will thank you.

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Got mine today
    Nice article
    Carl

3. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I've been using Bob Berrys articles for years. Was my public secret until now! Breakthrough articles do rock!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

4. fishmaster

Sorry Cory, I didn't mean to give away s secret. Bird taxidermists could greatly benefit from this one article as well.

5. Its time breakthrough starts online subscriptions. This should have been a new topic.

6. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

??? really ????

That is extreme, but it is a nice publication. I do agree with Chuck, and the staff at Breakthrough are super nice. Maybe a poll would be a good source of feedback for them.

Best, Scott

7. fishmaster

Scott,
    The shame on you comment was in jest... sort of. Taxidermy today and Breakthrough are great sources of information for taxidermists. Any taxidermist is foolish for not subscribing to them. I read Breakthrough cover to cover even though all I do is fish. After doing this full time for 33 yrs you'd think I would be pretty set in my ways but it is really refreshing to see other taxidermists approach to problems and challenges. I often find product ideas, composition ideas etc that are directed towards mamamals or birds that can be used in some way on fish. Sometimes one little tidbit or idea can change the way your do or approach a problem. Bob Berrys article is directed towards fish carvers but still applies to any fish and certainly applies to bird habitat design as well. It's all good.

8. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

There you go again...sort of. ;)

I agree, the publications have good information being shared by other taxidermists, so they are nice learning resources for certain.

Best, Scott