1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beginner here...ethical discussion?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ofearthandbone, Jul 31, 2014.

1. I went to that FB page...... I have no words.........................................

2. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

If you came on here and said, "I want your opinions on whether or not I should do this because I have a moral dilemma, then you are not judging and we can have a discussion on the ethics of what you believe and whether or not you can justify your actions. That's not what you did. You came on here and basically said, "I don't agree with killing and taxidermy unless it's for food which you guys don't do (implying heavily that we're unethical and doing wrong by your standards) and I don't care what you think about what I do. Instead I want you to discuss the moral implications and justifications of what you do.
    1) You came on here being very judgemental. It's no wonder someone asked when did you stop beating your wife. That's essentially the mindset you are coming on here with.
    2) You can say you don't judge, but your posts show otherwise. When people offered their honest opinions and beliefs, you condemned them and accused them of not discussing the topic the way you wanted them to.
    3) Only after your refusal to discuss this rationally and accept anyone's opinion but your own did someone label you as "whack job." This basically means someone (more than one) believes you came one here not for an honest debate, but to condemn under the guise of an ethical discussion in which you refused to even participate in. All you did was condemn, then come back and play the victim card, then say nobody is discussing things the way you intended so we must be hateful. Those are all typical responses of PETA-like phoneys who come on this site and try to say they are non-judgemental all the while condemning and trying to appear more enlightened. See my earlier post for a summary of how you come across.

3. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

I must re-read my original post and do not see where I am saying these things. (Boar master or whatever...)...you want to quote me but please tell me exactly where you think I am coming off. I still don't see how you are so confused.

4. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

Pretty interesting you come on here talking about ethics. First thing I see on your Facebook is two eyeballs cut out on a star. Pictures of raw skulls being boiled meat everywhere maybe someone else brought Christianity into it but you congratulated someone for being your 666 like...? Sure doesn't seem like your to concerned with ethics to me. Yes its all part of taxidermy but if your that concerned about ethics then removing images like that would be a good start.

Sometimes I feel bad about farting but if I sing while I do it and burn it for heat then I feel like its not being wasted and remembered in a good manor. See you can tell yourself and others what sounds good and think another. But guess what next time I feel excessive pressure building I'm going to push. You can tell us whatever you want but I'm not seeing you feeling any remorse with the things you post. Do vegan's recycle farts? Just saying something to think about. ;D

I don't question ethics because I do taxidermy its something I have no remorse about. The same goes with hunting for me I don't take it lightly taking an animals life but if I felt bad about it I wouldn't be doing it.

5. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Eart hand boner or whatever it is, (just showing how an intentional mistake like the one you made is insulting and condescending) in your original post you said,
    That's exactly what I said you said that you said you didn't. You clearly accuse us in the very original post of crossing some line you feel is unethical and not being able to justify it. This is why people are comparing what you said to the quote, "When did you stop beating your wife." You then accused everyone of lashing out at you. Please quote what specifically they said that you feel was lashing out when you said that.
    I also agree with the person who questions you posting a picture of eyeballs on a star and skulls with rotting flesh (I'm not even sure how you got a pig jaw to split like you did since they are one piece) all the while preaching about how you are honoring animals by giving them new life and we are just making a profit off killing.

6. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Yo Yo ............

:)

Kerby...

[​IMG]

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    That ain't very nice Kerby, but damn funny.

8. double barrel

double barrel New Member

If you feel pressure, I wouldn't push too hard. Things might get messy!

9. lizardguts

lizardguts skull collector

So apparently to you, "honoring the animal in all ways" is doing things like cutting out their eyes to place on pentagrams for your Facebook banner and making morbid/horror art out of their remains? Yep, respect the animals everybody!

10. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

Vegan, no, you never were. Pagan, well it appears that you are...

Go post on a vegan forum and see what kind of welcome you get..

11. ofearthandbone

Do vegan's recycle farts? Just saying something to think about.

Hahahha! That is funny. and yes….vegans recycle farts only if it is their own fart or taken by permission. It is well known vegans fart a lot due to a high fiber legume filled diet. They also have 3 shits a day that smell like bio-diesel. ;)

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Earth and bones, let me be blunt and to the point. You asked for a discussion, and thats what you got. You didnt get lashed out at, etc. This is not a site containing a bunch of 17-25 yr old females of varied backgrounds testing the waters of taxidermy, so you wont get a perfect match for your discussion request. You asked, they graciously replied. Now you have gotten replies from two of the moderators here as well. Dont report it, as theres nothing done wrong. Read the responses and pause...then understand that the majority of them are not aimed toward you personally. Once you became a bit perturbed with them, well, then its up for grabs.

Relax, sit back, and exchange ideas if you wish. But no more threats of reporting anyone. Just enjoy our art, and this site.

13. ofearthandbone

HA….not quite a kid here…Im 36 going on 63

14. He's trying to be polite

15. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Yep, if your gonna fit in with this bunch you better get your big girl or boy drawers pulled up, and get a thick skin. But hey you won't find a better bunch or resources anywhere. Most here are opinionated old farts and even a few fartettes. Lol