1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Horrible Largemouth Bass mount I got back....

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by taxidermistIN, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Coues deer. You wanna talk shit about my girlfriend meet me in person and you will be sorry any Pansy can hide behind a god damn computer!!!!!!! You pick the place bastard. I don't care I'm tired of everyone acting like they are Jesus Christ. Oh yes your right it's my work. Well your Wrong.

2. Who ever runs this damn thing, delete this post it won't let me I'm tired of listening to the stupid bastards.
    Someone needs to teach these ****ers respect. I can't do it across the computer screen. Delete this stupid shit

3. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Geesh!! George is right, taxidermists just can't play nice! Lol. Anyway, Brad made a generous offer to help and is very capable and numerous others here will also, myself included. All you have to do is ask.

4. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

B Jones and Monty are very very generous to help, and they'll put you on the right path. I'd reach out to them and ask nicely.

Best, Scott

5. Alright ya'll, let's stop the crap and get back to the trouble! Dang!
    The mount is terrible and i would not have even paid the man until i was satisifed. Since the mount is now your's i would fix it myself, or find another taxidermist to get it best he can.
    A little sculpt here n there and a fresh toneing "paint job" and i think it will be just fine.

6. I hope this post doesn't get deleted taxidermistIN because whether or not you fully realize it yet, YOU'RE the one that knows absolutely nothing about respect because you don't how to show it yet.

7. Davehc130

Davehc130 Member

What the heck?? You get on here bashing the guys work then you bash the guys that point out what is wrong with the work? What the heck with the bashing of a paint schedule while we are on the topic.....maybe we should call a paint schedule a list of possible paint colors to use???

Even with a paint schedule it take talent....your fish proves it....

Why did you pay the dude...if you didn't like it maybe you should have handled the situation with him rather than come on here complaining about paying $300 bucks for it...

Prime the dang fish...fix it and paint it yourself....the post the picture so we can see a nice mount.....

8. Davehc130

Davehc130 Member

get the popcorn!!! Hot diggidy!!

why can't we just all get along?

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Same here and the same age. LOL

10. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

Hey Brian, three hours could be possible, not likely, but possible!

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

This is the pot calling the kettle black, didn't you bash someone recently? You should look in the mirror my friend. You remember the post you made about ( you call this professional work). Joshua was wrong in starting this thread as far as I am concerned and so were you when you did the same thing hypocrite . I hope you feel like a big man with your stupid post.

12. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Thanks Scott, I hope to teach this young man how to paint a fish in the future. Maybe I can get Monty to drive the hour down here and help with the effort. Monty is always welcome in my shop, after all we are Anglers Artistry family members.

13. I myself am not all that great at fish, I tend to excel more at game heads and mammals. But what I would do is chalk it up to a learning experience and fix it your self. For starters I would take head measurements and purchase an artificial head, new eyes and artificial fins. Then I would strip the old paint off by soaking a rag in Acetone and wiping the skin. Once the fins are cut off (to include the tail) and the old paint is stripped I would do a reverse antique on the skin here is a link to a tutorial that really helps

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,109484.0.html

And then once its ready to paint find really good reference pictures and a good paint schedule. I use a paint schedule by Ron Reynolds.

Best of luck,

14. Davehc130

Davehc130 Member

BJones…thanks for the kinds words…..not sure what a hypocrite is cuz that sure is a big word for someone like me…his fish looked like crap and goes in the exact same league as "can't believe this qualifies for professional work" But the guy gets on here bashing the work and then turns around and bash the guys for agreeing with him and point out how bad the work is….im not smart like you but that is what I thought a hypocrite was…..oh well.

Have a great day Mr Bjones

15. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

LOL Matt.....I was wondering where you were. You still owe me a "speed tutorial" when I come up and document your Bigfoot pet.... ;D

16. Come on chaps - we are generally good professional folks with a hugh amount amount of knowlegge to share. It is disheartening to see posts that vary from that spirit.

We have more enough strife in the world - and even right here in the good old USA. Lets all try to kick it up a notch - what kind of message are we sending the casual viewer of this site ??

On a lighter note, some mention to adjust the head so its straight. How is this done ? Sever the nead and re-affix and sculpt ?

Randy

sorry - I don't have a popcorn icon ..................

17. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

it is a horrible mount....a paint job cannot fix it...chalk it up as a mistake on your part for having that guy mount it...

18. den007

den007 Active Member

Museum man x 2. No need to be gentle on that POS.

19. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Guys let's give it a rest. These pissing matches don't accomplish anything.