1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Midwest Fur Dressing Mn.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Harvestmoontaxi, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

Looking for reviews of Midwest Fur Dressing. I am considering using them for bear.

2. buckman170

buckman170 Member

They do a really nice job on small mammals. One of my friends uses them for his deer and bear, and he is very happy with them. He says he gets pretty fast turn around and good stretch on his tans. Hope this helps.

3. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

I've used a few things they've done, and it was all great tanning.

4. dhart

dhart Active Member

I have never used them...yet! But have good things from other taxi s

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Good job tan wet or dry.

6. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

Love there tan but turnaround is sometimes an issue for me does seem to be getting more consistent again.

7. Harvestmoontaxi

Harvestmoontaxi Lake of the woods walleyes

Thanks for the info fellow dermists, much appreciated!

8. D.C.O

D.C.O Dreamcatcher Outfitters & Taxidermy

Jerry is a very nice guy to deal with, and dry and wet Tans are good.... turnaround is not! 4 months =6 to 8 months on most everything i send..Bears.. Goats.. bison..but then again I havn't found a tannery yet that holds to there word!

9. Growing pains, started small with a great tan and word got out! they are aware of the problem and working hard to fix it with more staff, but its not a fast process to train good shavers so bear with them! They get all my bears no questions asked but i have been sending everything elsewhere to help with the turn around time. As they improve the turn around they will get everything

10. 650V

650V New Member

Ive been using them for years. Great tan. nice and stretchy. The turnaround wasn't to bad this yr. Right when they said it was gonna be. I plan accordingly.