1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #38 June 22nd 2007- June 28th 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #38 June 22nd 2007- June 28th 2007

Good Morning from Hinsdale New Hampshire! Back from the world wind tour of the great State of PA. I will tell you that PA has some seriously talented taxidermists! I really enjoyed spending time with the great folks who participated in the PA workshop at Paul Czarnecki's. Well what a great week last week for some really awesome fish pictures of inspation!
    I thank you for visiting and taking the time to share with us!!!

Week # 38 is upon us. Thanks to everyone who has participated last week! Well Over few thousand hits!!! Huge!!!!!! This is one of the fastest growing if not the fastest growing strings on the forum! It is because you share your talent and knowledge with others in a positive friendly manner! Folks need to see that learning is not about any thing then having fun and appreciating great work! Here's to all of you!

Last week we had some Great Fish from a lot of giving folks who don't mind sharing and helping others with some inspiration and cool fish!

We had lots of new folks and some folks who haven't been with us for a while! Welcome and Welcome back! The work this past week was nothing short of breath taking and the artist who shared take a bow for your beautiful efforts!

Each week Pictures can be posted of recent work or work your proud of to show and share with your peers!

Everyone is welcome to post, from beginners to the advanced.

I thought I would start out this week with a few pictures from the second workshop class! Gary and Bill Heaven, James Delueg, Chuck Odato were the folks who made it through on the road version of fish boot camp. Mr. Dave Campbell was the maker of the great Steelhead repro's that the group work with! it was a lot of fun and a great time!

Rick Krane

Here is the before picture
    [​IMG]

Here is the happy after picture
    [​IMG]

2. Red stag

Red stag Member

Very very nice! Seems like you have been a good teacher Rick!!!! Thanks for sharing.

3. Coho Salmon
    Spawning Male
    Custom mold/cast

4. Rich, good to see you post some of your excellent work !
    This week I have the steelhead I did at the R.Krane / Paul C. workshop... 8)

5. gus

gus New Member

Here are three 40 plus inch reds for this week.

[​IMG]

[http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/_gus_v/CIMG0926.jpg/img]

[img][/ihttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/_gus_v/CIMG0927.jpgmg]

6. foxman

foxman Guest

[​IMG]just finished painting another palimino trout getting ready to spray gloss

7. Red stag

Red stag Member

Wow......beautiful Coho Rich!! Nice Steelhead Dondi :) Thanks. Nice Palomino trout foxman!

8. ArtistcAnglerInc.

ArtistcAnglerInc. New Member

Hey guys, another mixed bag for me this week.. Close up of a rainbow, I liked how the spots turned out on that one. Had to post the striper, Im going striper fishing this weekend! And a Redfish repo, inspired by the one Gus posted I guess...I didnt make the show this year Gus, I was glad to see you did well!!! ;D

Man those workshops look like a blast, I wanna go to fish camp! Good work to those who posted, a joy as always.

9. cwtaxidermy

cwtaxidermy scent of a fishy...HOOOO AAAHHH!!!

30" Walleye "S" curve

10. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Great fish all. Healing up from wisdom teeth removal :(..lots of time on my hands !

CWtaxidermy:
    Great walleye. I just finished reading your article in Midwest Outdoors. Great job ! I liked it . Nice web site too.

Muskey repro:
    [​IMG]

Largemouth repro:
    [​IMG]

11. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Greetings!

A pike completed a few days ago (a habitat add on is still under construction). Photo quality isn't the greatest, but I'm working on it.

To everyone on here... THANKS for the inspiration every week!

Take care and have a great weekend.

12. jkidd

jkidd New Member

I really enjoy this thread every week. There is quite a bit of talent on this site. I find it very inspiring. Thanks Rick for keeping this going. This is one I finished a few months ago.

13. kd70chev

kd70chev New Member

Terry ,that is an awesome pike,very realistic.

14. UFD

UFD New Member

Great job on all the fish work, everyone. I just love to come on here and see what everyone has been working on! (Of course, I say this at the risk of upsetting a couple guy's stomach's and with the risk of being accused of "smooching" - LOL! ::) )

Rick, you never cease to amaze me with your ability to convey what you know to folk's who are hungry for excellent fish information, and for their ability to comprehend what you teach them and translate it into beautiful fish work. Kudos to the great teamwork!

Rich, I am stoked to see your return with the gorgeous Coho! Very well done, I might add.

I was also very pleased to see some more work from DougP last week. His artistic ability is the frosting on the cake to his years of experience, which shows up very strong in his very clean and natural work.

And I cannot forget to mention the incredible hand painting ability that Pete Harum brings to his fish work. I sure hope we get to see a lot more from him.

Aaron, it's wonderful to see you and Greg take part in the weekly posting that you started!

15. lizardrib

lizardrib New Member

WI
    Awsome pike Terry! nice to see one with out the gapping wide mouth.

16. Rick, That is some fine work your students have created but I'm afraid your boot camp was a bit tough on James, It appears he grew a set of antlers in the after photo :)
    Rich B, It's good to see your fine work again! I hope you will continue posting. I've always enjoyed seeing your art work.
    Terry I like the Pike.
    Dave, Thanks for the smooches ;) Speaking of Dave, I was out to his shop last weekend and had the pleasure of viewing the King he posted a couple weeks ago. It has been said many times before that a picture just can't do this type of art work justice. I couldn't agree more. When I view Dave's work at times I swear that if you were to cut into it there would be meat inside! So Dave I don't take it lightly when you compliment my work!
    Today I wanted to share my fourth fish second of this species. It is a 20# Coho or as we call them here in the Pacific North West a Silver. Each fall I have the luxury of fishing for these and occasionally catch one around this size. They are a tough fighter and put on a great show. This is a blank that Dave made and is available at www.jgreplicas.com .
    -Pete

17. A Fish Head.

18. Harum

Breathtaking!!!! I bet you went crosseyed doing those scales.. Very awesome job my friend!

Have a great weekend!
    Layne

19. Red stag

Red stag Member

Hey Harum!
    Love your work!!! :eek:

20. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

smallie ped