1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

208 Mulie Pedestal Mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Duckslayr, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

[​IMG]

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful job jared

3. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Thanks mm! Here is a closer pic

[​IMG]

4. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Seriously looks alive, stunning mount!

5. Fantastic mount. That base is great too, love the contrast.

6. cflwrs

cflwrs Member

Love it

7. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Awesome!

8. buckman170

buckman170 Member

That thing is SICK! Great job!

9. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Very nice! Curious what form and is that real or fake sage?

10. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Thanks all! The form is an Aaron Conley shoulders and a McKenzie MDSS neck and head. I make some alterations to the head. The sage is preserved natural.

11. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

That has to be the most awesome mule deer mount I have ever seen.

12. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

X2 on being one of the best Mulie mounts I've seen in a while. Great job Jared!

13. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Wow, thanks guys! I know a lot of guys aren't crazy about the narrow muzzle on that head, but to me, it just has that "look". Nice to hear some agree! I would love to see Dennis widen the head/muzzle on the top end of the line, but the eye orbit area he nailed IMO. I'm going to play with some further alterations for the big boys this year, but for most of our mulies, and when they are killed, they work great.

14. dshaw1414

dshaw1414 Member

Awesome mulie mount!!!! I have to agree with you on the mckenzie mule deer! here in Alberta the forms work awesome for our early season deer but then late season deer I have to build the muzzle but the eye area is the best i've ever used! I wish they would make a bigger face in the same form. If you come up with some alterations I would love to see them and hear your ideas. great mount!

15. Wow! That is Awesome

16. How is the sage brush preserved? Is there any trouble with the leaves coming off?

17. bigt46

bigt46 Member

TN
    Great looking mulie Jared ! Did you harvest ?

18. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

The sage was preserved using plant preservative from one of the supply companies, then sealed three times with matte Krylon clear. You will loose a few leaves from time to time, but generally holds up reasonably well.

Customer's buck. Killed in Nevada. He handed me $800 cash, said here's a deposit, I want the coolest mount you can come up with. Let me know if you need more for the deposit...no budget, just make kick arse! Got a $200 tip when he picked it up, so I guess I accomplished my mission! Man I love customers like that!

19. bigt46

bigt46 Member

TN
    It sounds like that both of you got what you wanted. :D

20. catman

catman Active Member

I sure miss not being able to get my hands on those really nice medium haired muley capes. That is an outstanding piece right t here.