1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where are nicest bobcats cats from.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Shawn73, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

I'm talking the thickest fur and biggest bodies. I remember seeing a couple forsale in the $500 plus range. Any one got pics of these cats also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Go north and west young man lol

3. catman

catman Active Member

The biggest cats come from Mn. Wi. Some big ones from Maine as well. These states grow bobcats to 50 pounds, but they are lacking in coloration. Best for fur market high desert west. Nv. Ut. Or.The best marked cats I have seen consitantly come from N.E Oregon. Many of these mountain cats have amazing spot patterns and rosettes. Darker timber means darker cats even into gray and blue. More open country, more pale cats. There are extremely well marked cats from Texas and other southern states, but they are furred quite differently than northern cats.

4. New Mexico has some big cats and lots of spots on the sides and back.

5. buckman170

buckman170 Member

I'm from Minnesota and we have some huge cats, although they don't have as nice of spots and colors. One of my good friends got a 34 pound female last year that made a beautiful mount.

6. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Thanks guys for clarifying.

7. I don't think Colorado was mentioned but I believe it is worth mentioning. I have caught several large Toms here that go way above average on the fur market.

8. I had some surprisingly large bobcats in this year from southern Iowa. Beautiful spot patterns. Iowa is also increasing the quota as well, becoming over populated down here.

9. I agree with twin rivers,Iowa has some very nice cats.Colorartion and size.

10. catman

catman Active Member

Lets see some.