1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Good Friend Ed Piaskowski Just Pass Away

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Doug Motgomery, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

Ed was a top of His game when it came to Taxidermy. He won top honors in in 2009 with His deer at the WTC and NAT and many awards at state shows. But Ed was more then that, He was a nice guy who would help you out on any thing He could when it came to life or taxidermy. Last time we talk I told him that I would be praying for Him. But today He is with or lord, see soon my friend..........

2. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Yes I just heard this as well. Prayers to the family, its a sad day today without Ed P.

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

So sorry to hear. Prayers to his family and friends. He was one of the good guys for sure.

4. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Sad news indeed. Prayers sent.

[​IMG]

5. Dreamwing

Dreamwing New Member

Ed was not only one of the great taxidermists of our time but also one of the great men of our time. It was a true privilege to have spent time with him. Fellow Ohio taxidermist Eric Trukovich and I were able to share Ed's last hunt with him chasing turkeys this past spring. No turkeys, but were able to put a smile on his face with our calling and big bag of mushrooms we were able to find together. Ed was a "champion" all the way around. We will sure miss him.

6. Sad news. Ed was a true gentleman, and so humble. He attended a seminar my then 26 year old son was giving on casting back in 2012. I didn't dare tell him Ed was in the audience, he knew of his reputation as a taxidermist he would have been a nervous wreck. Afterwards, Ed congratulated him on the seminar and told him how much he had learned, it really made an impression on my son, and me. We will sure miss seeing him at the Ohio show.

7. Fred Vanderburgh

Fred Vanderburgh Member

This is an extremely sad day for me and the taxidermy industry. Ed was in a class all of his own because he knew the value of a friend. I thank him for his civility. I know he was brought up to be a gentleman, he knew how to walk, talk and dress the part. Ed was a most gifted person, and amongst his many qualities, one of them had always particularly impressed me. While the past was a gloom doctors report he had read and reread may times, the future was just one more beautiful work of art into which he used to pour himself with deep thought and concentration. His uncanny ability to read in the future, was certainly one of his very great strengths.
    I had the honor of being one of judges that judged Ed's Best in the World Whitetail, among other countless awards he received at National and State shows. He was always so thankful for judges help in making him a better taxidermist, and I thank him for making me a better person for knowing him. If this entire industry could be more like Ed, we should all work to be, it would be a better industry. The death of a close friend proves how close the death is to us! I will miss him along with many others. My prayers to his family.

8. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

It a sad day for the loss of a friend. I had the pleasure of meeting Ed at the 2009 Worlds and getting to know him at the NTA that same year. He was not only a great taxidermist, but a great friend. He shared a few things with me over this time that made me a better taxidermist and person, because that was Ed. He will surely be missed and my prayers go out to his family.

9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Ed was a great guy. That's all I have to say for the moment. He cannot be replaced.

10. sportsmans dream

sportsmans dream New Member

Ohio
    To look at my phone and see that I had a voice mail form Ed p at a little after 11 pm is usually not anything different because we spent lots of nights talking late when I was working on a comp deer and he would call at midnight and make sure I wasn't forgetting to do anything. It would get to the point where I would have to say let me get it mounted buddy and I will call you when I'm done. How ever this morning when I looked at my phone and seen I had a voice mail from Ed p at a little after 11 pm I didn't even want to listen to it cause I had a feeling that it was gonna be telling me the news I dreaded. The last few weeks have been ups and downs. A couple times in between him being on and off the ventilator he would call me and we would talk for a few and I would just be so glad to be hearing his voice and it meant the world to hear him say when I get out of here let's go to the river and do some fishing buddy. And that he loved me like a son. So I never counted him out he is the toughest man I know. But something about when I looked at my phone this morning told me he wasn't with us in the flesh anymore but part of him will be with us all he touched us all with the golden soul he owns! I'm better because of Ed and I won't ever forget how he has touched my life.

11. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Ed was a first class guy. He would help beginners, or seasoned veterans just the same. He always taught/critiqued in a kind, encouraging kind of way. Although not in the best of health, you would never hear him complain about it. He was sick, but never stopped helping in a full speed, friendly manner. God bless the ones that were left behind. I know as well as Banbury, and Trukovich, there were many people that he was close to. Godspeed to all of them.

12. There is not much else that I can say that everyone else has not already said. He was a great man and a great taxidermist….He will be missed by the many friends/taxidermists that he has impacted over the years. He is truly an inspiration to us all not only as a taxidermist but as the person he was….

13. This is such sad news. I've known Ed for several years now but the last I spoke to him was at the Ohio convention this year. He was going through a round of treatment and had one more to go but wasn't feeling very well. He said he hadn't been sure that he'd be able to be there but was glad he had made it. But even though he wasn't feeling well and was chilled and afraid he might be getting the flu, his concern was for others. He didn't want to get anyone else sick if flu was the case. That's how Ed was, always thinking of others. He was, as everyone has said, a true gentleman, a wonderful artist, an inspiration, a good friend, a good Christian, and all around the type of person we should all strive to be like.

My prayers go out to Ed's family, so sorry for the loss. Ed will surely be missed.

14. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

RIP Mr. Ed :(

15. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Wow, sad news. I was just thinking about him last week. He was a regular at our show in Jersey for a few years. I had asked him if the would like to judge one of our shows a few years ago and he said his health was a little off and couldn't do it. He would always ask me what I thought of this or that on his deer mounts and I was always impressed, nothing I could say would help him as they were always great. I felt honored that he would even ask my opinion.
    I'm very sorry for the loss of a real gentleman, thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

16. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

They don't come any nicer than Ed. Sad news.

17. silenthunterstudios

silenthunterstudios New Member

I just wanted to say Ed was my great uncle, he was married to my grandmothers baby sister Sandy, and he was a good man. Unassuming, just the nicest guy you'd want to meet. He was astonished that our family was so proud of him for his accomplishments, not only taxidermy. i only spent time with him a few times, but he invited me to come out and go fishing and hunting with him. Other things came up and now I wish I would've visited them. Man, hindsight is truly 20/20. Uncle Ed, I will miss you and cherish the few times we spent together.

Danny Melefsky from Maryland

18. God speed Ed...a true gentleman and a diamond among stones in our trade.

19. catman

catman Active Member

In life and now in his passing, Ed clearly makes us all want to be better to each other. That is an amazing man.

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I will miss Mr. Ed very much. I was very fortunate to have gone to the Ohio Show and when no one was still around, there was Ed, my wife and me sitting around chatting. Ed shared everything he could possibly share with me in our chats and lucky for me we were able to have many. One year I mounted a coyote and he did too. Of course his one in Masters and mine was in pro but we both blued on them and we took our picture in front of them. 2 pollocks my wife said. :) We had a great time. What a great guy, friend and mentor to many. Prayers are with Ed, his family and friends. God Speed my friend. Will definitely be missed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]