1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Copper back pedestal...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Fogelberg Fan, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Hey all,
    Not too long ago a gal posted a picture of a pedestal that she had finished in copper. I thought that I had saved it to my computer but now I can't find it. I thought it was beautiful and I was going to try and replicate it. I don't know if I have the artistic ability to accomplish it but I sure would like to try. I wrote to her and she told me that it wasn't too difficult, for her anyway. Does anybody know the piece I am thinking of? If you are the talented lady who posted it could you send me the picture or post it again so I have something to go on. Thank you so much.
    Tom

2. I know someone asked me how I did this one but I accidentally deleted their message.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attached Files:

Lance.G, LordRusty and Bone_addict like this.

3. H
    How is this done?? Just love it!

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I would think that they used foliage, acorns, glue and bronze spray paint and a sealer. Just a guess.

I would shoot her a PM.

Audra likes this.
  5. The way the copper is used is very unique!!! I haven't seen people do that often, it really gives an interesting touch to the mount.

6. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    If it is a thin enough copper 'foil', you can glue together all of the habitat elements needed, allow them to fully dry, the really seal them well. When fully dry again, lay the copper foil over what you have created, and rub and press the copper into the elements. If they are sharp enough, the makeup of those elements will show through the copper. You can then mount it to the back of your pedestal mount using a good spray adhesive.
    [​IMG]

https://www.dickblick.com/products/pure-metal-tooling-foil/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=60503-8110&campaign=Blick Shopping - Top 15%&adgroup=Top 15%&keyword=&matchtype=e&msclkid=4511ab8702e61c3bc87ff5da904a23c1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Blick Shopping - Top 15%&utm_term=4577541786581152&utm_content=Top 15%

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    msestak and Tomfool2319 like this.
  7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very different