1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Virus Detected

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by EA, Aug 14, 2014.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Ken,

Recently I have been seeing the old "This is not a joke, you are the 10,000th visitor" message flashing in the top banner. Now I know I wasn't the 10,000th visitor 23 times. LOL Its no doubt Maleware or something nasty, not to mention annoying as h#ll.

But the reason for my post, I was just forced into a BS java update. I was locked up and unable to navigate away. It started downloading before I could shut down. My virus software caught it and removed it before any harm was done. Just a heads up.

2. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

EA,

In my experience, the pop up ads that you are seeing are not triggered by taxidermy.net, they are the by-product of a computer infection that you have. Typically these infections are caused through inadvertent downloading of adware while attempting to get legitimate software. It's highly unlikely that Taxidermy.net has anything to do with your issue. I suggest running a full scan adware/malware via a free program called Malwarebytes. Be sure to get the free version.

- Chris

3. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris,

I've been using Kaspersky for several years now and they have been great catching everything. I just ran a deep scan and it found nothing. They blocked whatever it was last night. As you said, it could be on my system, but I'd be surprised. I can't say anything bad about Kaspersky so far... Knock on wood... I'm kind of leery putting anything else on my computer, but I thank you for the suggestion. If it continues I will consider making some changes.