1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bondo ear help

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bryar, Aug 17, 2014.

1. duxdown

duxdown New Member

If you don't know how to take the cartilage out you gotta get some video training first at a minimum

2. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Put the cape in the freezer ; and get some training . DVD`s from the suppliers , you tube, or local Taxi for help ; you will be happy you did . :)

3. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

Van Dykes used to make the earliners that you could use without removing the cartilege. That might be the way to go on this muley since you don't have the proper experience to remove cartilege or do the bonded ear method. I was taught the bonded ear method years ago and I don't care for them on deer. Only time I do them on deer is if the ears are too small for commercial liners or they are torn and scarred real bad. I do use them on cats, fox, etc though because it is a time saver and easier to achieve good results. You mess one up on a deer and you can't miss it.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier. Rick carter does both in his DVD. Manny Chavez does bondo in his mulie DVD. Scott Brewer does earliners in his mulie DVD. You can't go wrong with those three.

5. Okay thanks

6. DVD's are a great reference tool. Like tanglewood said I always buy one before I start any new project that I'm not familiar with.

7. batshouse

batshouse Member

I agree if you have no idea how to remove the cartilage step back from the table and learn first. Some taxidermists will charge you twice the cost of what ever mount you wanna learn. Not bad for one on one instruction. Dont be another hack taxidermist; there are already too many destroying peoples memories.