1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW 28

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by TWinter, Aug 18, 2014.

1. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Bucksnort, nice gadwall. I like the use of antlers in mounts. It makes them unique!

2. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, the antler is part of the hunter's story.
    A couple of years ago one of my friends went on a out-of-state duck hunt. Hunting at a pothole, he had a pair of ducks fly in and he took a shot at them and the drake fell on the far side of the pond up in the grass. While looking for his bird he found the moose shed less than 10 yards from his duck. So, he asked if I would do a mount of it standing on the antler. Most people wouldn't get a gadwall mounted as they are somewhat of a drab duck. Probably not my first choice either, but everyone I have shot I am always impressed by the feathering/coloration. Makes me think of a duck dressed up in a tuxedo.
    I am glad the mount turned out for him. He will cherish the memories even more.
    I wish the mount was mine.
    Dan

Terry, Thanks for hosting BOTW. You are doing a great job. I always look at BOTW first of all the threads. There always are some beautiful mounts to enjoy.

3. wings II

wings II New Member

Nice work Bucksnort. :) Jason, I would welcome getting a small group of up and comers to meet at Brooke's shop for a 2 day Bird seminar. I want to do it over in Shreveport cuz she has a little store down the road from her place out in the country that serves awesome steaks. ;D

Here is another bill payer for the week. Let's see some more pics!

[​IMG]

4. Samson

Samson New Member

Finally the great horned owl is finished. I love the new big pupil eyes.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

5. Samson

Samson New Member

...and the dead squirrel ;D
    sorry for the many pics.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

6. Terry we are still on for some green heads! When season gets closer I will message u and set up something! Looking forward to it!!

7. Here's one I just delivered. 120 year old barn wood with an original square nail from the barn...

Attached Files:

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

a lot of cash there Atwater good job

9. 8)

Attached Files:

10. :)

Attached Files:

11. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Whow...cheri putting the smack down on BOTW...

12. ...

13. smalliestalker

smalliestalker and a river runs through it.

Thanks for sharing this photo Atwater. What a wonderful opportunity, and job well done on your part.

Your birds certainly compliment the idea of the homeowner and bring it's concept to life. The ceiling painting, even with birds flying up high, really frames the mallards perfectly - and ties the entire room and other mounts together very well.

How fortunate to have such a space (and $) to bring the obvious love of the outdoors into a home. Great job on your part.

Did you also paint the sky, as I know the talented RusTax would have done?

:)

14. Wow is all I got to say! Some awesome pieces from everyone as usual. Here's a couple that went home tonight, thanks for hosting TWinter[​IMG][​IMG]

15. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Oh dang....thoes are some super sharp duck right there..i mean SHARP..wow.

16. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Duck Norris, you are welcome. Awesome mounts everybody! Makes you want to dust off the old shotgun. :)

17. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

That Black duck and Teal are super clean. Finish work looks great also

18. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

As this week winds down, great birds. I will get the ball rolling for next week tomorrow morning!

19. wings II

wings II New Member

X 2!

Those birds are off the hook good - really stunning. :)

20. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

one of the nicest teal ever !!! great work on a tough little bird