1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Keep Alert Snake People

Discussion in 'Reptile Taxidermy' started by EA, Aug 25, 2014.

1. EA

EA Well-Known Member

"Dead" snake bites - and Kills man.

(NEWSER) – A chef killed a snake—but the snake had enough time to kill him back. Chef Peng Fan, of Guangdong Province in China, cut off the head of a spitting cobra as he prepared to dice its body for a soup, the Daily Mail reports. But 20 minutes later, as Peng was tossing the head in the trash, the head was still functioning. That's when the venomous creature bit the chef, who died before anti-venom could be provided. The bite results in paralysis and asphyxiation, the Daily Mirror notes. "It is perfectly possible that the head remained alive and bit Peng's hand," says an expert, adding that reptiles can usually function for up to an hour. "By the time a snake has lost its head, it’s effectively dead as basic body functions have ceased, but there is still some reflexive action."

http://www.newser.com/story/192920/cobras-severed-head-bites-chef-and-kills-him.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=clearchannel&utm_campaign=story

2. Damn! Like something of legends of clash of titans with medusa..

3. Diehl2229

Diehl2229 All Critters & Pets Freeze Dry LLC

I only use tools when freeze drying a open mouth venomous snake

4. Wow that's crazy, but it makes sense! I'm not a big fan of snakes, especially venomous ones. However they can save life's as well as taking them.

Cobra venom is being studied for treating various forms of pain, cancers, autoimmune and neurological disorders. . Researchers in China are examining the possibility that cobra venom can be used to treat drug addiction. The National Cancer Institute in Italy has participated in Chinese clinical trials to assess the efficacy of Cobra toxins in controlling post operative pain and moderate to severe cancer pain.

The venom of the Malayan Pit viper has been found to have important medical significance. Researchers discovered that the blood of people who had been bitten by this snake did not clot normally for several days thereafter. A protein in the venom triggers this anti-platelet activity. Medical researchers recognized that this side effect of the venom might have benefit in the treatment of stroke victims. Hence, the venom became the focus of research for the development of pharmaceutical products. A purified form of Malayan Pit Viper venom, registered with the trademark “Arvin”, has been used successfully to thin blood. Not only does it dissolve blood clots, it also triggers the human body’s own clot dissolving mechanism. Drugs derived from the Malayan Pit Viper venom differ from other therapies in as much as the previous drugs had to be administered within three hours of the onset of the stroke. Drugs manufactured from this snake’s venom are effective when administered as long as six hours after onset of stroke, thus doubling the time frame for effective therapy.

5. I've done two things like this over the years, One time in Africa I was showing the hunter the "nerve" center as I call the brain on alligators and crocs, And touched the center 4 or 5 hours after it was shot. The 12 foot croc jumped up ran 10 feet and stopped. I tried to make that happen again but the croc never moved. It was as if the brain was storing one more electrical discharge. Coulda' bit my head off!!! The second time was I had skinned a roadkilled eastern diamond back rattle snake for a mount. The snake was skinned and the head cutoff. When I picked up the carcass to throw it in the trash The body struck me with the neck stump hitting my arm,with as much speed as a live snake would have. Again I tried to make that happen again to show someone but it was done. Seems even dead there is one more time that ...... ?? Foxy