1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mail Order Automotive Clear Coat?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I purchased some too. Works great. They do sell it for different temperatures that your shop might be at. I purchased mine for use of colder temps in my shop.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Cool! No pun intended!

So glad I'm not dealing with the crap the taxidermy supply companies sell. I've tried them all and had issues from time to time.

3. AJ Wright

AJ Wright Member

Glad I saw this post. Thanks CeCil

4. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

I have been using master fish gloss 2 aerosol can on my fish... never dealt with 2 part gloss other than making fake water.

I would need a spray gun to spray the gloss and how would cleanup be? You only do 1 coat with this stuff? Imagine you need to spray and clean quickly with acetone or something before it hardens..?
    Thanks! I only do a fish or 2 a year, that's why I've stuck with rattle can gloss. But always willing to step up my game.

5. Big J,
    What is the part number for this at Auto Zone?

6. dbronco

dbronco Member

One thing I've found when using the two-part urethane clear coats is the hardener will dry out and be useless very quickly. I now keep it in my fridge (my wife loves this) and found that it now keeps indefinitely.