1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2014 - 2015 bird hunting season

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

Got to go out for this first time this year yesterday. All ladies for me including greater scaup, shoveler and my first canvasback. I always duck hunt my first time out every year with my grandpa's shotgun he gave me so it made this one a little extra special.
    [​IMG]

2. luciengwin4 - love the spot!
    MallardsFowlLife - Great picture and I like that you hunt with your grandpa's shotgun. very cool tradition.

I finally hit a limit and got my first Redheads. The drake was a rough looking juvie but the hen is huge and in very nice shape. She has a good number of white feathers in her head as well, I'm guessing she's older?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Chris
    such a pretty dog too.

4. brazosboyt

brazosboyt Member

Wrapped up the first split with a couple Bangup hunts.

So fun not even loading the guns and just watching the kids pound on em.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My kiddo got a really neat old hen hoodie. Love #6 steel shot. Looks like he scared her to death.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wrapped up this morning absolutely covered up with cans.

[​IMG]

Little red and green to get you in the holiday spirit.
    [​IMG]

My kiddo smoked the big drake. That's three now to mount for him from
    This year.

5. All these pictures are GREAT! Reminds me of when I used to hunt with my dad! ;D

6. wings II

wings II New Member

X2 - you should ask Eugene to take you hunting. :)

7. wings II

wings II New Member

Tim (Sprigman) and I traveled up to the Panhandle for some wing shooting....
    [​IMG]

8. wings II

wings II New Member

Cacklers....set up between milo and wheat....smack down
    [​IMG]

9. wings II

wings II New Member

Mallert shoot...good eatin!

[​IMG]

10. wings II

wings II New Member

Even I get lucky sometimes and connect...saved this one...

[​IMG]

11. wings II

wings II New Member

Sprigman with a nice brace of roosters... The man can shoot!

[​IMG]

12. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

great scenery lucienwing, nice photo
    MallardsFowlLife, what a beauty can hen and
    ntx, good hunting my friend and nice bunch of birds, got a hen redhead from one of our friends here gifted, that looks like yours
    Todd, you kicked it again, those are nice can drakes and the hoody hen is a beauty too
    Matt my friend, seems like you and sprigman had a nice wingshooting, good to have friends to hunt with and I love your pheasants with the ashy-grey back, we dont have this colour here in Germany,

Rainer

13. wings II

wings II New Member

Rainer - come over in January....I have a spot on the Red River with nothing but big, beautiful shovlers waiting for you :)

14. I want to hunt with Rainer! I only see small, ugly shovelers ;D

15. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    Looks like a awesome time Matt

16. wings II

wings II New Member

Rainer and I share an appreciation for the Northern Shoveler....the old ones - those smart enough to reach maturity by avoiding hidden dangers (like the sneaky Fox or a snake in the grass) are one of the most beautiful of all waterfowl. They are incorrectly maligned by those that don't know any better...and when you ask those folks why they curse the Northern Shoveler most will respond "because someone told me to...I was just following the crowd"....misinformed as they are. :)

17. wings II

wings II New Member

Josh, I have always said that we hunters here in Texas are completely spoiled at this end of the flyway. I'm so grateful that my bird mounting career was here in Texas.

18. Wow!!! Looks like everyone is having a great season, some beautiful birds guys and gals. KMA I totally agree with you on the Northern spoonbill we killed a few very mature old birds this first split, here is a photo of 3 I saved. Happy Holidays everyone!!

Attached Files:

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Ho.lee.chit. Jason - the one on the far left...when you put it in the bag write "save for KMA" in big letters on it...lol :D

20. fowlweatherfowler

fowlweatherfowler Well-Known Member

NW Ohio
    We actually have a few up here thay looked colored out. Just not sure they can be pursuaded out of town for a chance. That was last week not sure if they are still around. This time of the year we are chasing the goldeneyes and waiting for the final push from the ice to start hunting the open parts of the river.