1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Haunted shop

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by twinrivers, Sep 3, 2014.

1. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

I thought I was losing my mind a few years ago. I had a clock on the wall and it quit working. Changed batteries, worked for a day and quit at the same exact time the next day. Figured the hands were messed up so I bought a new clock and it did the same thing. The third one I had flew off of the wall one night when my nephew was over. Things show up missing once in a while, and this weekend was another incident. Had a Labor Day get together and the next morning my buddy's wife was helping clean up and put a beer can and paper towel in the shop garbage can. She was on the way back with more trash and evidentally the beer can and paper towel were on the counter where she had origiginally found them. Freaked her out a bit I guess. Just wondering if anyone else out there has had an similar issues in their shops.

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

ghosts of the animals you mounted getting back at you

3. gab

gab Active Member

My lead meat cutter passed away suddenly.The day after he died the tenderizer started all by itself.

4. not exactly a shop but when i was a kid, i was playing with some toys at a friend's place. and we stopped for a moment for a break and next minute one of the toys went flying across the room. we both looked at it ... freaking out, trying to work out what happened.

Another time at that friend's house, i walked into the spare room (which gives me the creeps and i refuse to go in there by myself) and i was looking at the painting and next minute this skeleton on fire appears on the painting and talks to me. Yes i ran for dear life. No i was not on drugs, never done them in my life nor was i drunk or anything. But it legit happened.

there was a few other incidents at that house too .... i cant remember all of them, but even now when i wake up there, i feel like something is watching me ... scares the crap out of me!

5. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I'm thinking beer may be key here....just sayin'.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I actually saw a UFO in 1987 .... no I wasn't drinking & myself & the girl I was with have NEVER spoken about it. She pulled the car over on HWY 77 south and I said 'did you see that........' she interrupted me loudly & said 'we didn't see nothing' and honestly, we never spoke about it again..... but a shooting star is not green, can come across a highway at around 400mph, and make a 180* turn and go straight back up to wherever it felt it needed to go......

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

For the record ...........

I have seen green meteors burning before they hit.

Everything can be explain once the truth is out. Just like magic.

I was snake hunting here in Arizona one HOT summer night and was tired and was driving home with the windows up and the AC and radio on. And then all of the sudden different colored lights when zooming by me. Scared the $hit out of me. Rolled the window down and a couple of minutes later this F-14 or F-16 from Luke Air Force did the same thing. I know he was laughing is arse off at me..... flying low and buzzed me.

:)

Kerby...

8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

when my wife and I were younger we stayed in a house ware things on the fridge would fly off and hit the floor. or you would open a cuber door and it would close all by it self wile you were watching it. but the real kicker was one night we were watching TV and the dog came flying in the living room by me with its eyes wide open and its tail between its legs. I got up and got a knife and started to go through the house. found nothing. it was time to move. that house has sense been tore down. good riddens.

9. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Several years ago I kept coming in my shop in the morning and things would be knocked off my desk and tables! I blamed my kids for a while! It just kept happening and then pictures started getting tilted on the wall! I started to wonder if a coon or something was getting into my shop! One night I worked till 1;00 am in the morning, went to sleep for a few hours and was back to work at 5am. A squirrel was knocked off the table and the pictures were tilted again! The door was locked tight so I knew what ever the &^% it was, was still in here with me! So I started to search under and in everything! That's when I found a huge pile of snake poop! I knew then right where it would be...........up in the loft! So latter that day I got one of the kids to go up there find it! Turned out to be a 6 1/2 ft chicken snake! Bit my oldest son too while he was trying to catch it and got it all on video! The sucker was coming out and climbing down the wall on the pictures! Don't ask me how he didn't knock them off, or how he got back up! I think that went on for over a month!

10. Allie

Allie Active Member

That is a great story!

11. twinrivers

twinrivers Active Member

No beer that night. Stuff happened at the school as well but that was likely a result of a suicide that happened prior to the school being on the property. Just different things happening over the years...none threatening. We just accept it and go on.

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It's not real..... till we see the video!! :)

13. Ohhh i ve got some more stories.

1) My friend alyssa, her grandpa was a truck driver. One night he was driving along the high way and it was empty except for him and a truckie following. next minute a UFO appears, hangs around and disappears. They pulled over instantly, got out and both said " you saw that right?". Her grandpa says it was one of the weirdest things ever.

2) For those of you that aren't in Australia you won't know about the pillager princess. But she is the ghost of an old lady who wonders the pilliager highway in NSW. the town people will not leave their houses after dark and if you break down, they refuse to help unless its day time. Most truckies try to avoid that highway if they know its gonna be a long night and many close every vent/window in the truck. even just being on the highway freaks people out. Lots of sightings of yowies/ghosts along there. And ive heard some people say the princess got into their truck. you can find more info online ;) its quite interesting.

14. double barrel

double barrel New Member

I love ghost stories. Let's do it again around Haloween. I have seen a UFO, twice, and had an experience with a ghost too My son moved into a haunted house one time. OHoooH!!!! You can tell if a house is hainted, you'll always hear that "HooooH Ohoo Hoo Oh oue!, kinda like on Scubby Doo.

15. every time I set a tool down on my messy workbench it disappears. I know it has to be ghost. They turn up after 30min. of lookin and cussin.

16. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I came home one evening and my house was a mess, and the tv,vcr was gone. Turns out is WAS spooks that did it.

17. I live a good ways out in the sticks and I know what you're talking about because I've had casper spooks to visit my house at least 3 times over the years. . . I didn't see any of the spooks from their first 2 visits, but I did see ole casper on the third visit. He was coming down the hallway as I was coming in the house one night and when he saw me he flew through the utility room and out the door. . . The funny thing was, I had seen ole casper somewhere before and then I figured it out. He was a regular visitor at my neighbors house about 1/2 mile down the road and now I don't have any use for my neighbors because I've since found out like to spook other peoples houses too.

18. rccub

rccub Member

that's funny right there.

19. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Had a friend back in the 80s that was ADHD. It was late one evening and he was out near China lake in Southern California headed north. He was tired and was thinking about where to spend the night since home was about a 10 hour drive. He started hearing a rumbling sound that was getting super loud. He thought the hatch on his Cherokee had popped open. Then there was an incredibly deafening sound and two giant balls if fire right in his windshield. It was there for just a second or two and was gone. Scared him so bad he drove all the way home that night. F14 pilots out there are known for having fun with vehicles every once in a while.

20. Galen

Galen 218-263-7177 www.EdgewaterTaxidermy.com

HA HA HA HA that would wake a person up ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :eek: 8) 8)