1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

CITIES and wolves

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by bonus41, Sep 4, 2014.

1. bonus41

bonus41 Member

I bought a timber wolf tanned hide from a fur dealer store in Manitoba, which didn't come with any papers or CITIES.. So I'm guessing they are not needed there but here in ontario they are required. If I go to the MNR to get a CITIES on a wolf that never had any do I risk losing my animal to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I am not trying to be rude but you should have looked into that before you purchased it!

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,340040.0.html

The title of this post above about says it.

Good Luck,

Vic

3. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

Once the item sis tanned and if you have proof you purchased it tanned - it is considered a finished product - so there may be no need for CITES - however that wolf at one time I'm sure had a CITE's ., I would call CANADIAN dealer and follow up with them as well..

4. bonus41

bonus41 Member

I still have all the papers from the money transfer and recites. I was just wondering becuase the MNR does know I have the pelt through notice of possession and they have not followed up or contacted me with the lack of a CITIES permit

The hide was bought from Bill Worb Furs

5. bonus41

bonus41 Member

I still have all the papers from the money transfer and recites. I was just wondering becuase the MNR does know I have the pelt through notice of possession and they have not followed up or contacted me with the lack of a CITIES permit

The hide was bought from Bill Worb Furs

6. mwtax

mwtax New Member

Perhaps if you educated yourself on what CITES, not citIes is and how it works you would understand why it is a non-issue in this case. This website is probably the WORST place to ask these types of questions since VERY few posters here know what the various laws actually are and how they apply. CITES.ORG is the website that you should be looking at along with any local/provincal type restrictions that you may be under.

7. furcanada

furcanada Member

Canada does not issue CITES permits for any species transported or sold within Canadian borders. CITES is only issued if the skins/mounts are leaving Canada.
    However, a Wildlife Export Permit (Not CITES) is issued by the Ministry of Natural Resources of Manitoba for a skin going to Ontario.
    This is how most Provincial Ministry of Environments work in Canada. I do know this is a recent change in the province of Manitoba for acquiring an Export Permit for a tanned skin leaving the province to another province. Your supplier in Winnipeg probably is not abreast of this recent change

Good luck
    Calvin Kania
    Kania Industries Inc
    Nanaimo, British Columbia
    www.furcanada.com