1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Funny site of "bad" taxidermy

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by ofearthandbone, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ofearthandbone

ofearthandbone New Member

Just stumbled apron this site of some real doozies of work. Poor animals. I have been skinning and fleshing but have not yet finalized an actual mount so I am not one to talk. I hope I can at least learn a thing or 2 of the mistakes made by these folks. :eek:

http://www.badtaxidermy.com/?page=1

2. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

I think I just threw up I'm my mouth just a little bit...

3. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Amazing stuff! Words cant describe.

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

there's a couple of very nice mounts on there, funny they would put one of the best whitetail mounts ever , the corn cob buck.

5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

I'd take the Christmas lynx in my showroom

6. ofearthandbone

;D

7. Wow! I think my feelings are hurt, along with my stomach! LMAO~

8. ofearthandbone

I hope none on this forum sees their own work on here. That would be awkward. :-[

9. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

I think the "Zombie Squirrel" is from someone on here. It's fur slipped too bad so they just took all the fur off and made a big stitch up the belly and neck to make it look like a zombie. I think it's a neat idea for a skin that would have been thrown out otherwise...

10. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

. That is what most of our current culture thinks of all taxidermy. No matter how accurate a mount is depicted it is still an object of ridicule. It's discouraging when you seem to spend your life fighting a pathetic image. I think the website puts us all in the same boat. Ignorant weirdo rednecks with tobacco juice running down a filthy beard. Norman Bates is the media's clean respectable version of a taxidermist.

11. ofearthandbone

I do have to say the first time and still a work in progress the skin on all of the legs of the rabbit slipped and tore beyond repair. I cleaned the leg bones really well so I am determined to finish it. I plan on doing the entire thing the best I can but will be leaving the legs skeletal. I think it will come out ok in the end. Sort of a cross section sort of deal.

12. Chupacabra84

Chupacabra84 New Member

So many terribly done cats :'( :'(

13. The really rare ones that look awful ate just sad :(

14. ofearthandbone

I've seen this video...so cute!