1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How well do you know your tans? What kind?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by AFWS, Sep 15, 2014.

What kind of tan?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2014.
  1. Lutan

11.8%
  2. Commercial(tannery)

17.6%
  3. Krowtann

29.4%
  4. Liquatan

5.9%
  5. Trubond

35.3%
  1. AFWS

AFWS The lost Robertson

OK,guys let's see how well you know your tans.This is a soft tanned bobcat hide.

[​IMG]

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

roflmao really who cares! yep being a smart A$$ here but really does it matter. Not to me or probably everybody else whose afraid to say what I just said. LOL

3. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Hey Zach! I'll play. Im guessing Krowtan. Can't wait to see what you bring to the show this year.

4. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Bonus points for guessing the fleshing machine and tumbling medium used?

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

I don't care , I'm with you Frank. All I would be concerned with if I'm mounting it is the stretch and strength of it. And you can't show that in a picture.
    As for other comments that can't be evaluated here , hows the small between the toes and overall smell of the skin. Again pictures can't tell that.

6. Justin P.

Justin P. Active Member

Exactly...."can't be evaluated here."

7. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Brain tanned. Lol

8. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I would have to put a vote in each one because I know all those Tans equally..... I have back hides of each of those mentioned tans and they all look and smell and feel exactly alike except the Lutan-F is whiter than the others.... Trubond is a little more pliable.... none have been broken...