1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Rabbit forms

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Mason, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mason

Mason Active Member

We have 2 PA cotton tails. They are quite big. Nose to tail measurments are 18" and 18 1/2" for the other one.
    The only forms I can find this size are for Jack Rabbits.
    Does anyone carry a cotton tail form this size? Or will I have to get Jack rabbit forms and alter them?

Thanks, Mason (Ron and Linda)

2. Michael Pee Jr.

Michael Pee Jr. Life is like a fence. Get over it.

That's a big cottontail. If I couldn't find a form I think I'd rather wrap a body before I'd alter a jack rabbit form.

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

i did a large one not to long ago. i ordered the biggest one i could, and altered it. but, i wouldn't do it again. that was a real pain, and it never did look quite right. i been thinking of trying either carving forms like that or casting. i could carve one i think, but i would think casting would work better for me. i am looking into learning to do it now.

4. beagle77

beagle77 Rabbit Hunting

Hey Mason, I sent you a message. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the company's name but they have the most cottontail forms I've seen. At least 20 forms. Standing, laying down, dead, running, sitting, etc. The average cost is $30 per form. I mount plenty of rabbits as a hobby and this company is great! If anybody else is interested, let me know if I'm allowed to put the name out or just send me a message. Thanks.

5. Michael Pee Jr.

Michael Pee Jr. Life is like a fence. Get over it.

If it's D-a-n C-h-a-s-e they won't let you.

6. beagle77

beagle77 Rabbit Hunting

HA, HA, HA, OK