1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

quick fish question

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by rockbass33, Sep 24, 2014.

1. In the state of Michigan you do not need a taxidermy license to work on fish. My question is.... Do fish need to be recorded when they come in to the shop on the dnr log sheet (specimen sheet)? Or does that sheet just pertain to everything that a Michigan taxidermist would need a license to mount?

2. rough water

rough water Member

no records needed that I know of for fish

3. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

It would still be a good idea to keep a log book. Ask the MDNR. Don't just rely on posters here. No offense meant to rough waters.

4. quick fish question

Not sure how it works in states other then Texas, but we have to have what the state calls a "wildlife resource document" on everything we take in. The document shows who the item belongs to and that they gave it to you for the purpose of storage and/or taxidermy. If it is a game animal or game fish and doesn't have the document, it is considered yours and part of your personal bag limit. If I have more then the possession limit then I can get ticketed for over the limit.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Ya better check. Ask Perca……..I can't believe we all have to keep records and buy a license but Yoopers get away with squat.