1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First post. Euro mount question?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Victoryhunter, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Victoryhunter

Victoryhunter New Member

I am doing my first euro mount and everything looks great so far except that I cannot get a tiny bit of brain out of the skull cavity. Any tips? It is driving me mad. Thanks, Tristan

2. foreveratrophy

foreveratrophy In GOD We Trust!

Hit it with some air or a small brush through the back of the skull. That has worked for me. Good luck.

3. Victoryhunter

Victoryhunter New Member

Thanks Jim!

4. akvz

akvz New Member

I've gotten brain out of deer skulls by using a stream or "flood" setting on a water hose and squirting it into the back of the skull. cows can withstand even more pressure, but most skulls dog/deer sized could probably have a hose used on them with no damage.

5. I get the little dangly thing that always seems to be the last part with a set of long tweezers that I use to preen birds.

6. You might still be able to do this .. take a piece of 9 gage wire make an L or loop shape bend on the end put it in your drill and stick it in the brain stem . high speed and wash out the rest ... IN THE future before you boil always use the wire drill trick then when you boiling the brains will come out at the same time . This is a trick I learned from Michael P