1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best Whitetail LS Form

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by MallardsFowlLife, Sep 28, 2014.

1. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

Killed my "buck of a lifetime" yesterday and skinned him out for full body. Haven't done one yet just wondering some opinions on the best LS form out there. He gave it to me at 20 yards in a WMA at 9am yesterday and it still doesn't feel real. Thanks in advance y'all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

Go thru catalogs find the forms that will fit the skin in a pose you like.. While some forms are better than others my first choice would be a form that fit regardless of who makes it...you can always use a change out head and minor alterations to get the look your after

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

There are no best forms when you have to make the best of what they give you. Chances are, you might get a form that fits, but there are more chances that you will have to alter for a fit. I can say that the "Dan Chase" or what ever the company is called now, has crappy life size jumping deer forms, the foam is horribly soft and the legs are sometimes hard as fiberglass that won't even take a roughing to scratch it, and if the legs are crooked, anyway, I don't recommend them.

4. MallardsFowlLife

MallardsFowlLife Well-Known Member

Thanks Low T, that's more or less what I'm looking for. I know the form has to come close I was looking for good and bad experiences because there are a lot of forms that will fit this deer.

5. turkeyshooter

turkeyshooter Member

I have had some good experiences with Hilton Eppley from Research Mannikins.

6. dozier

dozier New Member

I've used Mckenzie lifesize forms . You may have to slightly alter the Mannikin which is to be expected . They do have a good selection .