1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

preception trumps reality

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by James Marsico, Sep 30, 2014.

1. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

I am have a trophy room like this with mounts of all the big bucks and bulls I have missed. It is for sale at 3.5 million. http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2014/09/23/new-york-artist-creates-art-that-is-invisible/

2. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

James,

Good one.

3. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Airheads commonly see things that aren't there. They elected Obama twice.

4. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

You do realize that the article referenced is satire, right?

5. TomR

TomR New Member

I remember the good ole days when satire denoted witty humor.... I see nothing witty nor humorous in that waste of internet space article.

Rick, I'm with you!

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Now I see the problem with taxidermists. Void of imagination. LOL

Like the guy who kills a spike buck and doesn't see that he actually killed an 11 pointer. That is until someone points it out that a 1 and another 1 makes 11.

7. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Does this mean your not interested in my trophy collection of missed animals? I will include a good story with each mount.

8. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

The next ..........

The next competition piece!

:)

Kerby...

9. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Things that make you go hmm.

10. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Jim this is 445" elk I shot bowhunting.
    [​IMG]

11. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Heck this can turn into a money maker for us. We all know those fellers out there that their wife's don't allow mounts in the house. Well just charge double and give them an invisible mount back. Like the artist said just because you can't see anything doesn't mean I didn't spend lots of hours creating this piece. Now kids this is why you need to stay off the drugs. Lol

12. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

That's pretty funny Antlerman :)

13. John L

John L Active Member

I have an invisible perfectly symmetrical 12 point with 14" G2's that got a perfect score at the World Show. Judge couldn't find one thing I did wrong. HEY that's right you are looking at the invisible world champion. Ok supply companies I am ready for my endorsement deal. I used all of your supplies mounting this deer if you can't see it don't worry it's there just ask me.

14. DL that looks like a 446" Elk to me ....but I could be wrong...my eyes aren't what they used to be.

15. NTR

NTR New Member

W.V.
    James, The bank says that 3.5 million check I sent you cleared 3 days ago, have you shipped yet?

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

DL, I have read it on here a 100 times, Reference,Reference, Reference.

17. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Anything goes anymore. Great thread though...Lmao

18. Didn't Seinfeld do a episode about nothing ? old news