1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #35

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Duck Norris, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Good morning everyone! Monday is here and that's means a new BOTW! Thanks again for all the pics and post last week! The variety of birds we had was awesome! One of my favorite parts of BOTW is getting to admire all the birds I've never had the chance to work with! So let's keep it going and have another great week! Here's some fence line Cans to get it rollin! Have a great week everyone and lets see those feathers!!!

[​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  2. 2[​IMG][​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.

3. wings II

wings II New Member

Nice rugnecks DN :)

Here are two more pictures from my friend Thomas Attaway who will be coming to pay me a visit on Thursday. I'm always excited to see Tom as he is one of the most avid Bird hunter/collectors that I know.

[​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  4. wings II

wings II New Member

Mount by Tom Attaway :)

[​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  5. Those are awesome Canvasbacks Duck Norris! Love the whole piece...Here are 2 more Silkies...they actually make me laugh while I'm mounting them!

Attached Files:

MixedupMel likes this.
  6. Samson

Samson New Member

WOW, such nice looking ducks. They look perfect.
    Cheri, I laughed at those silky chickens, they look like cartoon characters. I want one! ;D
    Hopefully I will have some woodcocks ready to share this week. Right now I'm gluing feathers back in, maybe 500 feathers :-\
    Greetings, Karin

MixedupMel likes this.
  7. A couple of very nice divers there from Mr. Attaway!! Thanks for sharing those KMA!
    Excellent job on those Silkies Birdstuffer!! Very unique birds to say the least! ;D

MixedupMel likes this.
  8. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Beautiful birds!

MixedupMel likes this.
  9. Awesome stuff so far this week! I've finally got a few to contribute, my first flying pheasant, another banking widgeon, and in keeping with the apparent theme of the week a pair of canvasbacks.

The customer wanted me to incorporate the antler and barn wood from his farm where he shot the bird.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm almost embarrassed to put these up after those smoking cans that Duck Norris and KMA have posted
    [​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  10. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

fantastic work from all of you, love the cans, have never worked on one, sorry but nothing from me, my workspace is still under construction,

Rainer

MixedupMel likes this.
  11. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Cheri..........I had a puppy that killed a bunch of my white silkies that I raised to incubate pheasant eggs. Not wanting them to be wasted, I mounted them and had them on display for sale in my shop. A lady saw them and became irate. She said she was going to call Fish & Game on me for having "baby eagles"

MixedupMel likes this.
  12. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  13. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

Have always enjoyed looking thru bird of the week pics, some nice mounts posted again ! I finally joined and wanted to share a few I just finished up , thanks

MixedupMel likes this.
  14. wings II

wings II New Member

Welcome aboard - beautiful birds! :)

MixedupMel likes this.
  15. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Hi all, Brandon, thanks for the interesting two weeks. Ducks of course great, but I think that a lone pheasant from HTX will be bored in the company of waterfowl. :D So I'll add some "chickens" and woodcocks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MixedupMel likes this.
  16. igor

igor Member

Love the owl :)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MixedupMel likes this.
  17. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

Thank you sir !

MixedupMel likes this.
  18. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Wanted to at lest post somthing.even tho its not anatomically correct lol and i did this a few years ago,honestly cant remember But still cracks me up.i think its called a frizzle chick but i could be wrong.
    [​IMG]

19. Great stuff so far everybody!
    NTX, I would have never thought that was your first flying pheasant! Looks like you've done a thousand of em'!

Welcome Mtcann!! Great mounts! I really like the pose on that Brant!

Rustax, always enjoy your base work!! I had to do a double take on the Woodcocks, I thought there were only two! The third blends into that base perfectly! Love all the Black Grouse also!

Very cool Nina! Little chicks and ducklings make for some very unique mounts! Always wanted to try one!

Thanks everyone and keep em' coming!

20. wings II

wings II New Member

Evgeney you are Amazing at what you do!!!!!! Crazy good stuff...WOW!

Cindy, I LOVE that little chick....the composition is so simple, but so pleasing to the eye. I think mounts like this show when someone truly loves nature.