1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #35

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Duck Norris, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Mr. Harley.....

Attached Files:

2. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Nice birds guys... Really like the Grouse!!!

Wild shot Merns and when I say shot I mean shot.

Attached Files:

3. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hi my taxi-friends!
    Stunning work from you guy's and gal's week after week!! It has been really nice to see that BOTW is still going strong and your work is only getting better and better year after year! I always check BOTW....it really gives me inspiration and motivation to do birds...thought 90 % of my work is fishes these days. :-\
    I just had to tell you a hunting story from yesterday! I've shot two caparcaillies when I was 15 yrs and they didn't end up as a trophy. Since then I've been trying to get one that I finally could mount one for me too! 24 years I had to wait when it finally happened! I was lookin for some black grouse with my brother in a nice place in central Finland. Half past seven in the morning I saw a massive bird flying towards my place...I saw it was a capercaillie. It flew to long pine and was sitting in a top of it. Distance from me was 150 meters. I took my rifle and get big guy on a sight. And luckily enough the hit was bullseye and caper went down. Finally I got the bird I've desired sooooooo long time!! It also made it sentimental to me that I shot it with my fathers rifle I got when he died nearly year ago.
    So....now I have a capercaillie to mount,I hope I have time to do it and maybe I send here a post of it when done!! All the good for you my friends and I hope you liked the story! I know I'm a happiest man now.... :D ;D

Yours... JP a.k.a Taxi-lover

Attached Files:

4. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Tks matt,your always so kind..:)..

WTG jp....that caper is beautiful.

5. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Great start to the week everyone. That capercaillie is one big bird can't wait to see him mounted up.
    Here are a couple old ones for me but my favorite Canvasback to date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

As promised here are 4 more from Wingman, hardest working man in the industry!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful work wolfgang...love the canvasbacks

8. Beauty of a Harlequin Tim! Great mount!

Those shot up Merns turned out super nice Jay! Excellent work as always!

JP, great story and congrats on that Caper! Can't wait to see it!

Awesome Cans Wolfgang!! Love the pose on the first one! Thanks again for posting some of Wingman's work! Very nice birds!!

Here a couple more from me, and lets keep on rollin!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. wings II

wings II New Member

Wolfgang, we've seen those mounts so many times...and you know what?..They are still AWESOME!....see if you can get some fresh stuff for us that he posts daily on fb...Thanks for posting those and keep up the good work! :)

10. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

OMG luv that dead mount ...pinetailsssssss..luv luv luv

And i luv the duck above the woody...what is she?

11. wings II

wings II New Member

JP, we are so glad to see you stop by BOTW. What a fantastic story about harvesting the Capercaillie :)
    *For some of the newer folks we owe a debt of gratitude to JP for starting the original Bird of the Week many, many years ago. JP I hope that you will post your Caper on Bird of the Week when it is all mounted up...it sure is good to see you :)

[​IMG]

12. wings II

wings II New Member

He is a Gadwall Drake :)

13. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Oh my bad...lol...tks matt i thought it was a gadwall,i guess i was so used to looking at the hens with hardly no color..haha..

14. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Duck N. I like those Cans, way cool.

15. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

All of these birds are way cool, you all make me so envious of your talents. One day!!

16. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

again ,,,WHO is carrying that superb capercaille?? WHAT a bird. I think I would just have to study it,, and stare at it for a while before skinning. OK my lack of looking into it ,after reading the story ,it's even more of a bird. I remember shooting a turkey with a smoothbore black powder gun given to me by my mother. It was my dads gun.I understand JP,, good going.

17. spencer2

spencer2 Member

[​IMG]

18. Beautiful Blue Spencer! Super clean work and that open mouth bill sets it off!

19. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

Thanks Duck Norris , love being able to see what all you guys can come up with ! Nice work !

20. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Fantastic caper JP, is he well molted ?
    spencer2, one of the best blues I have ever seen, great