1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #35

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Duck Norris, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Thank you all...it was a perfect day! Rainer,its in pretty good feather but as always,could be better too. If we could get one of those in January....damn! ;)

2. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

JP that thing is huge. Never realized they were that big. Duck season starts here tomorrow. As much as I loved duck hunting wish it were a month away. Here are a couple. [​IMG]

3. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

[​IMG]

5. webfoot123

webfoot123 New Member

Tim nice mounts as always but really like the hybrid is it a mallard x widgeon cross

6. akvz

akvz New Member

Tim, really love the simple bases you use, really shows off the bird and accents them beautifully, especially how the branch flows with the base on the owl.

7. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

I am quite certain it is Mallard-Gadwall.

8. webfoot123

webfoot123 New Member

I thought brewers too but the speculum wing feathers show do look like a widgeon but a nice bird and mount either way just love it and the base one that has to go under glass. great job TIM

9. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

probably sound stupid here ,but!!!!!!!!!!!! the crown of that hybrid suggests greenwing,hey won't be the first or last time Iv'e been wrong. I had a trio of smaller ducks show up on the river right behind the house. Speculum screams mallard but they're small birds. The lone drake of the trio is colored ''something'' like a woodie,without the white stripes running along side the crown.

10. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Thanks for the replies. Great specimens are a pleasure to work on.

11. Great birds Tim! I really like the White-winged and Brewers! Hybrids are just cool in general! Here is a MallardXWigeon I did a while back, a mallard and wigeon are to be added soon! Should make for a neat deadmount! TGIF and lets try to fill another page or two by Sunday night! Thanks again!

12. [​IMG]

13. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Am i alowed to say Daaaaaamn.how on earth do you get the feathers blended to look so like there air brushed....

14. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

Nice work by all. Just an old green head with bonus Jewelry.

Attached Files:

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

hey duck norris, is this hybrid a mallard x wigeon or gadwall x wigeon or what ? - but it does not matter, it is excellent, the hit, fantastic - !!!

16. Really like that Mallard Sprigman! Great pose to show off that band! Excellent job!
    Appreciate it Rai_Red! To my knowledge it is a MallardXWigeon

17. Well everyone my time as host has come to an end. Glasseye will be taking the helm tomorrow and I am very excited to see what he has lined up! I want to thank everyone again for having me as a host and taking the time to post your fantastic birds each and every week! My friends and family have even become big fans of BOTW! They really enjoy it and so do I! If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times...the birds you all post up are truly inspirational!!! Keep up the good work!!!

18. Here is one for me this week, Big green top with some aluminum

Attached Files:

19. KMA I am doing this all because of you posting some birds from South Louisiana lol!!

20. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Beautiful mallard