1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #36

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Glass eye, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Hello bird brains. Sorry for the late start. I'm on the west coast and I open shop late on Mondays.
    Anyways.....it's an honor to be asked to host BOTW.... My name is Breck Dickinson and I started taxidermy working on birds first at the age of 12. I'm impressed with some of the newbies here that produce some awesome work that took me decades to attain.
    I live in the south eastern corner of CA on the Mexican border. Always have done taxidermy full time, wouldn't know what else to do.
    I have a passion for exotic DIY hunts and sometimes I get to mount my own trophies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0jexrXXM1A

Lets see some birds.

2. I've got two heading out this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Nice Pintails Cripple Creek, especially the bottom one.

4. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Oh ya,dont see that pose that offen with that kind of base.pretty sweet..nice job.

5. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Couple of ringnecks I recently finished up for my showroom !

6. bowmantax

bowmantax New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know this isn't up to par as a lot of your guys birds but I am trying. Only my second strutting turkey. I know it has problems, but I am pleased with it. It was a monster of a bird at 25.5 lbs, 10.25 inch beard, and 1.5 inch spurs. Kids first bird.

7. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Not bad at all for a 2nd turkey.
    I like the Ringnecks too Mtcann

8. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Bowmantax..nice job...

9. I know KMA I don't have a back drop yet I'm trying to get someone to give me a few dollars to buy one, Ill get one soon until then here is my Quack Quack for the week, or for now I have about 15 fixing to be ready lol!! Great looking birds everyone.

Attached Files:

10. Here is a couple more finished for all you guys and gals

Attached Files:

11. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Beautiful dead mounts. Really like the pintail.

12. Thanks

13. akvz

akvz New Member

Really like the effect of the tags in the second dead mount, not sure if they're permanent or not but it looks nice regardless. Great work on the ducks, as well.

14. Yea tags look pretty cool, I know here in Louisiana the feds are pretty tough on us I keep tags on all my customers birds they have the fun of removing them once there out my shop.

15. Here is a couple geese I did a few years ago

Attached Files:

16. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Mire.....your birds look dead. Too many times I see dead mounts that look like a flying mount hanging by a foot. I like the broken wing tip....nice touch !

17. Mtcann

Mtcann New Member

Thank you , and I agree not bad at all for 2nd turkey mount ,
    Dead mounts look good

18. dav3006

dav3006 Active Member

them dead mounts are awesome ,,, Jason

19. Here is a few more for you Dave lol!!

Attached Files:

20. I did this as a donation for a Ducks Unlimited Banquet....

Attached Files: