1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Largest buck killed on film

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Brian Reinertson, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Free range Iowa kill, 258 7/8". Check out the Trophy Pursuit Facebook page to see him, it's blowing up the Internet.

2. Unbelievable,a true giant!

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

https://trophypursuit.com/update/552

4. antlerman

That mass measurement they are showing of 11 6/8 won't fly. It will be determined to be a common base webbing as depicted on the other beam. The guy scoring should know better. He'll end up being a 6 x 6 main frame. He won't net 200 as a typical when it's all said and done. Does he have enough non-typical stuff??? maybe.

I love how people word things. Largest deer killed on PROFESSIONAL film. Anything to create a buzz and claim some kind of notoriety. Nice deer.....but it won't hold up to anything of importance as far as any record books are concerned..

5. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    The guy mounting him best do a good job. That mount will make the rounds at all kinds of deer shows this year.

6. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    Not disagreeing with you Tim, but that guy is an official B&C scorer

7. antlerman

He may just be showing the mass at that spot, which I understand. But it won't be a true H measurement on the official score sheet.

8. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    Professional film or not, isn't that in the top 15 or 20 deer ever killed free range by a hunter? Has to be close.

9. antlerman

I'm not too sure of that. I looked up Kansas and Kansas alone has 6 deer over 250 just with a firearm. Now take in Wisc, Ia, Ill., Ohio, and all the other big whitetail states and this one probably won't make the top 20. Top 50 would probably be more like it. Brian, this is a good deer for sure. But not as good as they are trying to make it out to be.

10. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Thanks for posting that. It is one nasty buck.

11. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Badass buck for sure......I know Iowa holds some tremedous bucks. Free range? I have some reservations on that. I've heard of other "free range" bucks shot on camera (to promote a product in one case) that were later revealed raised deer in a pen. Big Bucks, Big Money........there's more deception out there than you think. That said, if it truly is a free range kill, Congrats all around..........

12. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

That's one cool looking rack!

13. Glen is listed as a Boone and Crocket measurer,so I would think he should know how to measure a deer.We will have to see if it is actually scored as free range.Even in Iowa you do not see many deer like that,and to have been shot at the start of muzzle loader season is pretty lucky.Hope scores like you have posted,alot of hype to hold up to!

14. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    Jesus H ----!! This IS a free range deer. I know the guy and exactly where it was shot! Lots of history with all kinds of neighbors, believe it or not it was shot on an 80 acre piece. I should have never even posted I guess, just thought people might enjoy..I'm done with this crap show on the Internet. I hope to see some buddies from here at the world show, over and out..

15. 8Point

8Point Member

Awesome buck!!!! I LOVE looking at huge bucks!!!!!...... Only prob is that I feel like I'm lusting..... Thanks for posting.

16. Paul D

Paul D Member

Thanks for posting this...very cool to see!

17. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Brian,
    You will have to concede though the general public has been duped MANY times when it comes to the validity of such incredible bucks. The real "crap show" as you call it is the outfits or individuals that purposely deceive for financial gain, bragging rights, or whatever. We have been conditioned to be skeptics and are voicing our OPINION. You dont like the opinion, tough, not your call.
    You just NOW offered more insight into this awesome buck and if you would have typed that initially, it would have cast a different light on my opinion. Sounds like it WAS a free range buck and like I stated, if it was, then Congrats to all. 10-4..........did enjoy seeing the buck so thanks for posting.

18. dablaw

dablaw Member

So i wonder how this one will stack up??? trail cam caught it Friday...

Attached Files:

19. EA

EA Well-Known Member

WOW, Very nice dablaw.. Thats fair chase too?

Looks like the one in the shadows is a good one too. I'd have a hard time not falling out of my tree if all those were under me.

20. jorgy

jorgy Member

Not shocked at all it was shot here. And we dont pen deer up here, dont need to