1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Advertisements

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Bravesfan, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Bravesfan

Bravesfan New Member

I realize I'm not on here no where as much as some of you guys, but every time a take the time to login and read a little, it seems like more and more advertisements, pop-up etc. Has anyone else experienced this, or is it just my mind playing tricks on me?

2. chrisfeldt

chrisfeldt New Member

Mid-Atlantic,

Are you referring to the banner ads displayed at the top of the page, or are you experiencing brightly flashing boxes on the left and right sides of your page? If you are seeing the latter, then you have a bad case of adware/malware that has infected your computer and browser extensions. If this is the case, please search Google for Malwarebytes Free, install it and run a Full Scan. I'd also run a Full Scan with whatever Anti-Virus program you have. After you've cleaned your computer, depending on what browser you use, (e.g. Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) you'll have to delete possible add-ons/extensions that share the same adware names, from within the browser itself. I hope this helps :)

3. Bravesfan

Bravesfan New Member

I have no malware, I run anti-virus and anti-malware three times a week. I was referring to the Chevy ad that pops up at the bottom of the Home Page, I just noticed it for the first time when I posted this thread. It seems that since OUTDOORHUB bought this forum it has become nothing more than a flashy billboard for their sponsors.

Just my observation, no big deal, I don't click on them anyway.......to many viruses and malware out there.