1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Storing Antlers...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by keriWCL, Oct 24, 2014.

1. keriWCL

keriWCL Member

I searched several ways on this and can't seem to find anything info. I just need a couple of ideas on how people hang antlers while waiting on mounting. Right now they get moved from table to table and I'd like to hang somehow... Any great ideas? Thanks in advance... Keri :D

2. This is the way I hang mine. I have a built in hanger with the water pipes but you could create the same thing with a 2x3.

Attached Files:

3. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I hang them the same as Matt. My work area ceiling is low so a few customers and wife get a tine bump once in a while.

4. I hit my head all the time Paul, still the best way I have found to keep them. Whats a little more blood on the antlers anyway. :)

5. akvz

akvz New Member

We use a coat/clothing rack on wheels. Sort of like this.

It's out of the way in the back, against a wall, but with the wheels we can move it if it gets in the way. We have some small whitetail in south Texas so there's not a lot of need for heavy support. Right now we've also got two elk skullcaps just standing alone in the back corner... don't get enough of those in yearly to figure out a storage solution for multiple elk racks in a rented building. :)

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Same as Matt, only it is 12' 2x4s that hang from the ceiling about 10 feet off the ground.

7. keriWCL

keriWCL Member

Thank you this really helps! ;)

8. litefeather

litefeather New Member

I made a 12 foot PVC holder for mine. Its anchered to the ceiling rafter. In the middle at 6 feet it has a T and anchered the same as the ends to add strength. Then it continues to the other end. Small racks fit by the PVC flexing in the rails if needed. Mine is spaced 12" wide.

[​IMG]

9. butterbean

butterbean New Member

I use a light chain from lowes,such as used to hang lights.Hang from the ceiling from left to right drill a hole in the skull plate and zip tie to the Link's in the chain.

10. capnmike

capnmike New Member

I have three of these. This one is obviously for skull mounts. The others for shoulder mounts.

Attached Files: