1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #38

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Capercaillie, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen, just a quick introduction as I will be hosting for the next two weeks, im 45 years old and have been doing taxidermy since I was 12 when i shot my first squirrel, ive been full time now 8 years and wishing id took the plunge to go full time a lot earlier, I live in the UK so get a great variety through the door, unfortunately im doing loads of work for some big outfitters now and have not had the chance to do any birds recently because its all mainly shoulder and full body mounts coming in, ill try and put up some pictures of older bits ive not posted yet. Please help me this week with some of your best and favourites birds you have done, thankyou.

2. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

[​IMG]

3. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

[​IMG]

4. wings II

wings II New Member

Great start - looking forward to the next 2 weeks :)

[​IMG]

5. RusTax

RusTax Active Member

Russia
    Hello my friends, Sir capercaillie, without any problems ;), help to colleagues - a holy cause for us...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joint work with Alexander Sokolov :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hambone

hambone Well-Known Member

WOW, I haven't been on the bird site in awhile, all I can say is you guys are knocking it out of the park.

7. I'm done for a while.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Nice work Cripplecreek...very nice.

9. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

As usual Matt awesome work, I love the motion in the wings of that Canvasback. All the bird posted so far are tremendous, you all are such great artists.

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, great birds over the past few weeks! I've been lurking! Mostly been mounting African game the last couple months, these are the first birds I've done in a while![​IMG][​IMG]

11. Puffins!!! Wish we could have those here.

Love the bwt Ryan!

12. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

What a fantastic start to the week, the quality of work is amazing, Rustax that eagle and fox is the nicest mount ive ever seen. I know Rustax posted a Flying Bustard with a Peregrine once but have any of you got any other Bustards you could show us, thanks again and keep the quality coming.

13. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

I really enjoy seeing all the variety from you guys and gals from across the pond. Beautiful work!!

Just another Wood Duck piece from me.

[​IMG]

14. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Here is a new concept idea for a shadow box from the folks at Walnut Hollow!!

[​IMG]

15. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

Well after a great start its all gone a bit quiet? Come on people show us your best bits.

16. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

Capercaillie, thanks for hosting. Great to see the variety that you are able to handle. [​IMG]

17. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Nice birds !!! I like the diversity . Would be grand if we could mount a few of those song birds and raptors. The opportunity just doesn't come around often enough. Right now I have a room filling up with upland stuff. 1 in 4 of the guys showing up want something else they haven't harvested . You would be amazed how many I sell off the wall. Just a little sharpy.........

Attached Files:

18. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

beautiful job tim

19. Samson

Samson New Member

Here is my bird from last week. The nightmare-duck! It was a juvenile with so much pinfeathers I nearly tossed it in the trash.
    I had to glue about 300 feathers back in. All i see are adult feathered ducks, are there other taxidermists that had to do immature birds? pics please. ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

20. Samson

Samson New Member

...and the underside ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files: