1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Prayers for Richard Christoforo

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Oct 28, 2014.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Richard is in Mass General Hospital today after failing a stress test yesterday. He tells me he's not a "high priority" patient but the doctors think he may need a stent or two. Let's hope that's all it is and be thankful for today's modern medicine.

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks George. Will do. And for those of you that resent me posting here bite me.

3. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Good luck Godfather!

4. Richard was my mentor when I did my NTA judging criteria,, God speed my friend, Many good days spent in the competition room with you,

5. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Get well Richard! Our Prayers are with you. I'm praying for some good news about your situation!

Bruce Rittel & Family

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Get well Rich, these procedures are like everyday all day for the doctors today.

7. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Get well Richard

8. joey P Holmes

joey P Holmes New Member

My best to him.

9. Prayers sent Richard, get well soon! :D thanks for letting us all know George.

10. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

George beat me to the punch with this announcement. I talked to Richard yesterday because his email and phone were screwed up and wanted to tell him about it. He was in the hospital at the time and he told me that he failed a stress test and the doctors said he really needed a stent to resolve the problem. He said they wanted to put one in today and they probably have. I won't call him until tomorrow as he's probably still under the effects of anesthesia. Get better soon buddy . JL aka MJ ;D

11. NJTrapper

NJTrapper Member

All the best from all your Jersey friends at the GSTA Richard. Get well soon.

12. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Prayers Sent

13. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

Best of luck, and God bless.

14. Fred Barilla

Fred Barilla Member

Good luck and get well soon!

Fred Barilla & family

15. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Richard and his family and I want to thank you so much for the kindness and for the prayers as they help a lot! Spent all day and ½ the night in Boston and will be heading back in a few minutes but wanted to ask for additional prayers please for my friend.
    As we know I be wordy but It is unbelievable to be that this is happing to Richard. He had gone under surgery yesterday and this was not successful. He will again today go under and the doc’s at Mass Gen will try to correct the issue. I told him he made it to the industry section of the T-net last evening and it was the only smile he had for the day I can assure you. All of this means so much to him not only as a taxidermist but part of this community. We are a great and caring community to and for our own and if you know Richard or not he is truly one of the legends who cut the groundwork for where we re today in Taxidermy! He has been my friend, my father figure and my mentor since I was 15 and I feel so helpless to say what I feel right now. I am only here in this industry in fact because of Richard and my life and family though the years is in part due to his wisdom and his relentless friendship and guidance to a strong willed young man who wanted so badly to be a taxidermist.
    Pray for Richard and his wife Linda also for his courage and for his strength so that the out come will be the best! I’ll update when I know more.

Rick Krane
    [​IMG]

16. fishmaster

fishmaster Well-Known Member

Richard is a really good guy. I wish him the best with his surgery.
    Don Frank

17. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Reader's Digest Report. Saint Linda says it's gone from a stent, to a balloon , to by-pass surgery soon. Keep the Godfather and St. Linda in your thoughts and prayers. Richard is a tough old bird, but everybody needs a prayer now and then.

18. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Thank you Grumpa :)

19. Prayers Sent, Get Well Richard!

20. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

I just talked to Richard and he said the Doctors told him that the blockage in his artery was 90% and a stent wouldn't solve the problem. So now he's home waiting for a date for bypass surgery. I asked him how he knew he had a problem and he said he had tightness in the center of his chest and also a sharp pain on his left side so he went for a checkup. He went on to say this HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A YEAR AND HE HOPED IT WOULD CORRECT ITSELF IN TIME. He's lucky to be alive today. Richard....stay cool and get through this or I'll have one less buddy to aggravate and Rick Krane will miss his GRUMPA.