1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Post your favorite skull!

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by MagcallyCapricious, Oct 31, 2014.

1. I'm curious to see what sorts of skulls people have in their collections. I'm a novice collector with about fifteen in my collection (all different), so I want to see what other people have in their collections that they're proud of.

My favorite is my juvenile black bear.

The canines are just poking out, it's got an underbite, and it's so cute.

Not a perfect skull by any means, but it's definitely not one I would have thought about looking for.

2. akvz

akvz New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing really special, I just like this button buck. He was taken by coyotes, bobcat, maybe wild dogs... not sure but I found his skull on a walk in the woods and fell in love with his little antlers. He was just barely starting to go into velvet and his teeth hadn't finished erupting yet. The rubberbands and hole in the back of his head is because I haven't gotten around to gluing him back together yet, I have most of the parts except the premaxillas and turbinates on one side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then I have a feral domestic cat skull compared to a bobcat skull. I like her because she had all of her teeth despite being mostly skeletonised already, and she has abscess damage on her right upper jaw... along with a healing zygomatic arch, possibly from being hit by a car? It didn't heal very much before her death, it seems, and may have been the cause of her death via secondary infection. She also broke her molar on the left side, the root is still in the upper jaw and the bone started to grow over the hole so it had been missing for a while prior to her death. She's a very good example of how a skull can tell a story about the animal's life.

3. greatbasin

greatbasin Member

It's hard to come up with favorites, but here is a few photo effects I kinda like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

www.pure-bones.com

4. I love the bitty horns! So cute.

5. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I guess my photos didn't go through. So here's the black bear I have. It's cute. Missing the back of his skull, but the little budding teeth make up for it.

6. Edelweiss

Edelweiss New Member

Probably my Doberman Pinscher skull.

It was owned by a fellow on eBay (amheadhunter I think?) who's home had a fire. It has so,me very interesting smoke and heat damage as a result. Plus, dobermans are my favorite breed.

Attached Files:

7. Lupen

Lupen New Member

My hyena skull is probably my favorite out of my collection just because of how massive they are. :D

[​IMG]

But I also love my pit bull skull. I got it from PLT/Shelby awhile back. It still has a bullet lodged in it, apparently the dog was found by animal control.

[​IMG]

8. Woah it has a bullet in it? That's pretty awesome!

9. RENUIRT

RENUIRT Member

Two of my favorite skulls in my collection.

A Chinese Water Deer and I'm not sure what the other one is but could be a small chinese water deer or a species of musk deer..If anyone knows let me know! :) The smaller skull has longer tusk than the Chinese water deer but thinner and the eye socket is larger also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]