1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Left over frozen paws/feet?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by allis, Nov 3, 2014.

1. allis

allis Member

Anyone have any leftover frozen paws from any legal animal (i'm in CA)? Preferably a fur-bearer. I'd love any beaver, fox, raccoon, etc.... I'd just need them to be frozen with the digits still in them. I'd like to buy maybe 12 or more of them if possible. Please let me know!

2. Icarus

Icarus Something Witty

Contact Bob Wendt, he might have some :)

3. buckrub10

buckrub10 Active Member

I have frozen bobcat feet 20 to your door for $31.00

4. rosscoak

rosscoak Member

I have marten feet...20 plus...and beaver feet..for sale.
    Trapped
    Jesse 9073213174

5. greatbasin

greatbasin Member

From what I have read, if those animals are native to CA then by law you cannot buy them or sell them, no matter what state they come from...is that true?
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

6. I've got tons of feet of all sorts, even domestic species/ pets.

7. akvz

akvz New Member

You can't sell domestic dog/cat parts with the fur/skin still on, just as a warning. Bones are fine, anything else is a little too sketchy legally.

8. Akvz, well aren't you just a genious ,didn't mention cats and dogs,I've sold tons of cars and dogs,yes domestic over the years,I think I know the laws. But as I said I didn't say that above,you just assumed, ever hear of hedge hogs, sugar gliders, ferrets,pot belly pigs,,even had some monkey hands and feet at one time, but if he wanted cat and dog feet of domestic, I've got a few usually on hand already skinned out carcuses on hand

9. akvz

akvz New Member

I didn't assume you were just selling cats and dog feet. I assumed pygmy goats and other exotic animal parts, actually, and should have said "it's illegal to buy or sell" because I didn't mean to sound like I was targeting you specifically, and I apologise for that. I just wanted to be sure you and the buyer didn't accidentally engage in an illegal activity.

Just because you've sold tons of cats and dogs doesn't mean you know the laws... especially since you can't legally sell cat and dog fur or fur products, including the carcasses or paws. ::) (Unless, of course, it's for an educational facility for the purpose of dissection or study, but they get free passes on just about all the other wildlife/animal welfare laws, too)