1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Using flocking on back of Antelope ear?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by ada2453, Nov 3, 2014.

1. I have an antelope mount that has a a piece of the ear skin missing on the back of the ear. It has an earliner inside so I was wondering the best way to fix it. I was wonder if using some flocking powder would work or if I should just fill it with epoxy sculpt and paint it?

2. Flocking works well for repairs like that , Only thing is you need the longer fibers and the are special order. You also need the electrostatic gun

3. I've never used it before so it's new to me. Thanks for the reply. Where would I order the materials from?

4. Whoa! I just looked online for a flocking gun. 1300.00! That's a little out of my price range. I guess flocking is not the answer for me! LOL!

5. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

I could send you some flock in antelope color to do the repair,, for a small place on the ear you can use a balloon rubbed on your arm to create enough static electricty to make the fibers stand up

6. sgsmith

sgsmith Member

They also make a little flocking cardboard thing that would do what you need for a small repair, I have seen it in some of the supply catalogs. I have the $1300.00 one that works really well.

7. Thankyou for the replies! ljones I sent you a PM.

8. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Where can I get flocking with the longer fibers?

9. I get my flocking from Donjer products

10. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Tazzy, are the long fibers the suede-tek, the soft flock, or do I need to call them and special order?

11. They are special order , I believe it's the suede-tek. It's been a while since I've ordered any. A pound of fibers goe's a long ways